Hello BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Joe

Reaction score
I've been hanging around here for about a week and decided to join in. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this site pertaining to our wonderful hobby and I hope to add my ""2 bowls worth" as well. I don't consider myself a snob and I have an open mind towards pipe smoking. From Corncobs to Dunhills and Dime store aromatics to vintage Sobrainie, a man should be able to enjoy this hobby without being criticized (which is the main reason I left another popular forum).
Well, here we go! I started smoking pipes in the early 90's. I knew next to nothing about the art of pipe smoking back then. So I started hanging out with the old man and his buddies and learned quite a bit. They smoked mostly flakes, but since I didn't have the patience and skill for that, I turned to Carter Hall in a cob (I always keep a bunch cellared and I still have a cob).
By Y2K I was smoking mostly English blends and in 2005, I rediscovered Flakes and the benefits of cellaring.
I will spread the word about BoB to the rest of the fellows in the club (well, we're not really a club, just some middle-aged geezers who like to smoke pipes and drink bourbon). :D

Welcome to BoB Smokey Joe. Enjoy yourself here. BTW I think that being a middle aged geezer who enjoys smoking pipes and drinking bourbon is not a bad thing. In fact I rather enjoy it.