Hello everyone!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknor

Reaction score
Hello guys, I came from Italy and I'm 29.
first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to learning it.
I started to smoke pipe 12 years ago, and I'm also a snuff taker since two years.
my favourite pipe tobaccos are virginia or virginia and perique flakes.
i like old english briar pipes(especially dunhill) but I'm also a meerschaum lover!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. And don't worry about your English, it's at least as good as 1/3 of the University students'. . . .

Welcome to BoB! Teach us a bit of Italian along the way and the English thing won't even be an issue :D

Ciao..

Yep, Welcome ,
And I , like Mike_68, wouldnt mind picking up a bit of Italian as well.

Out of curiosity, what kind of snuff are you talking about?
The kind you put in your lip? or the kind you sniff ?
Over here, we tend to call our "chew" / mouth type , Snuff.

And what kind do you use? an American brand? or an Italian brand.?

slipknor":i2scn17s said:
Hello guys, I came from Italy and I'm 29.
first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to learning it.
I started to smoke pipe 12 years ago, and I'm also a snuff taker since two years.
my favourite pipe tobaccos are virginia or virginia and perique flakes.
i like old english briar pipes(especially dunhill) but I'm also a meerschaum lover!

Hello and Welcome to the BoB.

To help you with some American slang, Va's are virginia tobacco, VaPer's are virginia/perique and baccy is tobacco.

Enjoy your stay with us, John. :cheers:

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you. I like your tastes in pipes and tobaccos! :cheers:

thanks for the welcome!
I'll be glad to help you with Italian.

@DustyRoundup: I'm talking about nasal snuff. I have a collection from all over the world, and in my next order I would like to try some American scotches.
Unfortunatly, the production of Italian snuff (a tradition of 6 types of tobacco since 1700) is discontinued five years ago...
I also tried some american chew (skoal and red man) that I bought three yars ago in Sacramento. It isn't my favourite way to enjoy tobacco but sometimes I like it! Unfortunatly in Europe is impossible to find...