Hello form Kentucky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoking_Face

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been lurking around here for a few days so I thought that I would introduce myself.

I've only been smoking pipes and cigars for a few weeks now and I've enjoyed every bit of it so far. I'm starting with a cheap pipe that was given to me and a few pipe tobaccos.
I've only had a few different cigars that range under two dollars and when cash flow allows for it I will be trying some better cigars. The ones that I've had so far have been pretty good so I am wondering if the more expensive cigars are really going to be worth the extra money, time will tell I guess.

I'm looking foward to my pipe and cigar journey

Welcome to the BoB. We've lots of members who will be glad to help guide you on your pipe journey. All you have to do is ask. Just my opinion but I think you'd be better served by concentrating your efforts on learning the wonderful pleasures of smoking a pipe. Forget about the cigars.:) 

AJ

As the price of the cigar goes up, particularly between where you are and those at around $5 or $6, there is a big difference, chiefly in the quality of the tobacco and in the rolling. Inexpensive cigars tend to be rolled by those new to the craft. Dealing with plugged cigars is for me an exercise in acute frustration! Two cigars that are going to cost you more but are very worthwhile are the Pepin Garcia Black Label and the Romeo & Julieta Romeo (#3 in the Cigar Aficionado Top 25 cigars of 2012).

BTW, welcome to a great pipe forum!

ajn27511":jfqi2jns said:
Welcome to the BoB. We've lots of members who will be glad to help guide you on your pipe journey. All you have to do is ask. Just my opinion but I think you'd be better served by concentrating your efforts on learning the wonderful pleasures of smoking a pipe. Forget about the cigars.:) 

AJ
Haha! I agree with AJ on this one. Welcome looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Welcome to Brothers of Briar!

I agree that you should chose to learn the pleasures and rituals of one form of recreational tobacco or the other first.

I am also from Kentucky. Go Cats!

Sean

ajn27511":duvji4gc said:

AJ
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!  Really, you will enjoy the pipe so much more.  Worth the effort, and the members here are the best you will find anywhere.