Hello from a Hoosier!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipey McPiperson

Reaction score
Hello fellow BoB'ers! Been lurking around the forums a week or so, and decided to finally register and say hello. Don't have alot of experience in smoking pipes, but it has always been something I've been drawn too. Experimented with a couple of tobacco store el cheapo pipes and blends in the past, but never really found anything that peaked my interest. After discussing this with a colleague, he gave me a few tips, pointed me to this website, and told me to reserve judgment until I purchased a decent pipe and some quality tobacco. After doing some reading I decided to head down to the tobacco shop and pick up a decent pipe with some good tobacco. Snagged a sharp Peterson's and a tin of some Peter Heinricks and Orlick's. Must admit, it has been everything I could have hoped for and more. Anyways, just saying hello, and I'm sure you'll be seeing me around.

Cheers,
Drew

Welcome, and good move sticking to it with the pipe! It's well worth the trial and error.

Welcome aboard!

Indianapolis here, where by the grace of God, and Mayor Ballard, we can still smoke in bars!

Good luck with your new pipe. If I could offer any advice, it would be to sip your smoke like a fine single malt scotch and keep your pipe clean.

Yo, Pipey, welcome aboard! Golden Sliced is an outstanding starting point; may your journey, for a journey it most certainly is (the tobacco road, so to speak), be intrepid and full of discovery and joy. Don't be afraid to post questions, as this is a great place, full of knowledgeable and friendly pipesters. Have fun!

At least you are in B'town, so you have a great pipe shop to go to. Mike has a really great shop. I get down there once a month or so, from Lafayette. You'll also have a good time, here. Enjoy!