Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadgerbil

Reaction score
I've been a pipe smoker for about 13 years, but I just found the forum today and couldn't be more thrilled.

This is just a brief introduction before I begin stalking posts and drooling over other people's pipe collections.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here, but doubt you'll be drooling over my pipe collection :)

"T"

A Scotsman in Boise? Not quite "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" eh? Welcome to BoB regardless...

Welcome to forum and since you mentioned it let see some briar. LOL

Cigar2you":4rphrfwn said:
Welcome to forum and since you mentioned it let see some briar. LOL
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

As requested, here are the 3 pipes I have at the moment. I had a couple more, including an old favourite, which were broken in my suitcase when I first moved to the states. Hopefully I'll get richer soon and can start building the collection a bit more.

From Left to Right: Dr. Grabow Golden Duke Adjustomatic, No Name Oom Paul and Arlington custom deluxe, Imp. Briar.

DSCF1448-2.jpg

The Arlington looks like a real comfortable pipe to smoke, I prefer a smaller bowl on a straight stem.

Cigar2you":6ia6hpzr said:
The Arlington looks like a real comfortable pipe to smoke, I prefer a smaller bowl on a straight stem.
It's actually a very comfortable and smooth smoke. I got it for a great price since the bottom of the stem is very slightly damaged. (Doesn't impact the smoking at all.)

I tend to prefer a bent stem, myself, but oddly I think I look less outlandish with a straight stem and smaller bowl because I have a very small head.

For me it is a matter of task at hand. If driving or working a prefer a bent pipe if just sitting around enjoying a bowl I just grab any pipe that suits me at that time

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will enjoy it here. By the way I got some of that Scot blood in me. Ill be seeing you here.

Nothing wrong with your pipe collection...you think we all started with Dunhills and Ardors....NOT :lol!:

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to BoB and to the US of A! When you get home sick, pull on your kilt, fill up your flask, pack up a pipe, and find a local highland games. Example: (I'm also new to the forum so I can't post the actual link) xxx.idahoscots.org, they haven't updated their site for 2012 yet but you'll get the idea.