Hello from Austin, TX

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onabullit

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Pipesters,

Just wanted to say what a great site this is and I am sure I will be spending tons of time on it exploring my hobby of pipe smoking.
I picked up pipe smoking last year after being kind of burnt out on cigars and not wanting to revert back to cigarette smoking.
I love my briars and many of the tobacco's I have tried over the past year. my favorites being the uncased VA and Va/Per blends.
Hope to be posting more soon and discussing my pipe smoking experiences my brothers.
-Ben
gnome_mushroom_smoking_pipe_lg_nwm.gif

Morning new Bro.

Always great to have a fellow Central Texan here. These are a great bunch of guys and girl. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics for us.....anything will do. :lol:

Welcome to this great community!

I see we are not so far away from each other. I life on Toledo Bend.

Skip

Toledo Bend, huh Skip? Ive actually never been to that neck of the woods but I have been to Caddo Lake many times but dont know how similar the bodies of water are. Either way, looks like a great place to fire up a bowl and watch the sunset. I think I would prefer a frog morton On the Bayou to accompany me on foggy east Texas mornings.

Thanks Greenleaf, Eagle, Doc. I too have an affinity for LGF as it was the first flake I had ever laid match to. I absolutely love the presentation and the way it smokes with such nuanced flavor notes. It it a bit pricey but comes at the perfect moisture level for folding twisting and stuffing.
Do you smoke it rubbed out?

Onabullit, I smoke LGF the way I smoke most flakes: not fully rubbed out, but sort-of crumpled up.