Hello from Austin, TX

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hands down Rudy's. Salt lick is awesome too but not technically in Austin. Rudy's brisket comes in extra lean, moist, and cutters choice. I always ask for moist with a little char so I can chew on the blackened goodness. Rudy's ships nationwide
Www.rudysbbq.com. Oh and the sauce is boss

Most interesting, indeed...

I have never been to Austin...

BUT, I have had Rudy's many, many times!

My brother lives there. Every year at Christmas time he gets on the plane with like six pounds of bbq from Rudy's. It has kind of become a tradition for our family. At this point, at the airport, it goes something like this:

"Hey Mark, great to see you. Now where's the Rudy's? Don't worry, I'll carry it!"

And yes, their sauce IS the boss, man!

(Doesn't it say "Better Than Sex" on the label, or something like that?)

Awesome. I ate Rudy's about 4x a week when I first moved out here. Easy to kinda get burnt out but nothing fits the bill better during out hot as hell summers after a day on the river. Ask for a jar of the brisket rub they sell there.

What a can of worms we have opened. The BBQ wars have begun. The question was asking about Austin. Southside and Meyers are great in their own right, as is blacks over in lochart. Still I would put rudy's against any of those places in a blind taste test any day. It may be commercialized as heck by now. And some locations/cutters/grinders use slightly diff techniques, but overall rudy's is the boss of bbq in these parts.

You are right brother O, the question was about Austin. I do eat at the Rudy's in Round Rock quite a bit.

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !