Hello from AZ!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirkT

Reaction score
Hello all,

After lurking for a few weeks, I figured it was time to introduce myself to BoB!

A little tobacco history about myself-

I briefly toyed with a corn cob pipe back in the late 90s when Smokers Haven was still in town. I didn't stick with it for too long. I ended up continuing cigarettes for a few years after that. I finally kicked that habit in 2003 and didn't enjoy any tobacco for a while after that.

A couple of years ago my brother convinced me to smoke cigars with him. I ended up buying a humidor and a few boxes of cigars and have been enjoying them ever since. It gets awful hot during the summer months out here so spending the 1.5-2 hours out in the heat to enjoy a cigar isn't always an appealing venture.

A few weeks ago I thought about pipes again. After spending way too much time researching I decided to bite the bullet and bought the Italian Pipe Gift Set Pack from P&C. I also added a couple of MM corn cobs and a tin of Nightcap to the order. Shortly after ordering I realized that it takes a looooong time for stuff to ship to me from NY.

So, I went to a local cigar shop and found out that they carry a TON of pipes! I picked up an MM corn cob and some generic bulk tobacco that they carried since I had good stuff coming in the mail. It gave me a head start on pipe smoking.

My P&C order finally arrived. I now have a Savinelli Trevi briar pipe and two more MM corn cobs in my possession. I am doing my best to rotate the pipes as I smoke. So far so good!

I found another cigar shop in town with a lot of tins as well as Stokkbye bulk stuff. I have REALLY been enjoying EMP from the tin as well as Proper English. I have some Black Cherry and French Vanilla aromatics that I bought to please my wife. I don't like or dislike those but I don't enjoy them nearly as much as the EMP and Proper English.

I still haven't opened that initial tin of Nightcap since I am enjoying everything else that I have managed to find locally.

Unfortunately, I am looking to buy more stuff online because the local prices do not compare to the online prices. I prefer to buy locally when I can so I will continue doing it as much as I can but these local prices are not looking too good.

I look forward to reading more on BoB and hopefully I will participate more. I historically do a lot of reading and not much contributing.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Good Morning, Dirk.

Welcome to the Brotherhood. Sounds like you jumped in head-first. No problems there, you sound like you're happy and well on your way.

Feel free to join in and post often.

Don't worry too much about rotation with the MM Cobs, they're quite forgiving. All of mine have, on occasion, had several bowls smoked through them during a day. They just keep coming back for more. While I don't do that to them everyday, when I did they held up quite well and gave no problems.

Welcome Dirk...good forum and folks herein...glad you decided to join up!

Thanks for the great intro post...and welcome to the forum.

Welcome Dirk...looks like your off to a great start...let the PAD begin. :lol!: