Hello from Baltimore MD, U.S.A.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frontkämpfer 72

Reaction score
Just introducing myself as a new forum member. I had been reading the posts here and everyone seems to be of nice character. I am fairly new to pipe smoking as I initially started to smoke a pipe to quit smoking cigarettes. Now, I have found more pleasure in collecting and smoking pipes than I ever had when I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. Since my first economic La Rocca rustic pipe I bought to initially try my hand at smoking a pipe, to my newest Karl Erik freehand (which I love dearly).... I haven't looked back at cigarettes since. I look forward to many conversations here at brothers of briar.

Frontkämpfer 72

Erik.....

Welcome!!

Are you a vet?? Your name Frontkämpfer means "frontline soldier". There are some others here on the board who have gotten back from the Middle East recently.

No, not a vet. I'm just very interested in world war 2 Germany. Also my family is from Germany, and I've recently started to learn a little of the language, which I intend to go to school and learn this Winter or Fall....

Erik.

Welcome to another Maryland resident. I'm just up the road in Hagerstown.

Welcome Eric, nice choice with the Karl Erik freehand, he makes some really nice pipes and they are not that expensive :cheers:

Welcome Aboard Erik! You made the right decision and have come to the right place. Great group here!