Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmlayfield

Reaction score
Hi All -

New member from Birmingham. 30+ years of pipe smoking, 30+ pipes in the rack, and 56+ pounds of tobacco in the cellar.
Yeah, that last number has grown a little large. I just moved to Birmingham, so if you know of any great places to pipe smoke I will be happy to share.

IMG_0671.jpeg

Welcome! From Portland Oregon. The closest I've come to Birmingham is the Randy Newman song off Good Old Boys. "Greatest city in Alabam." When I read 56 lbs I thought, in bulk, but those are tins! I know I've got at least 14 lbs because I just shredded that much whole leaf this week! Cheers.

Hi, there! That is a nice collection!

Welcome to the group. I'd say that you are in the right place on the web.

I'll probably be back in Birmingham in Feb/March for a conference. If you find a good place to hang out for a smoke, let me know! Maybe we can organize a BoB round-table.

Hi, there! That is a nice collection!

Welcome to the group. I'd say that you are in the right place on the web.

I'll probably be back in Birmingham in Feb/March for a conference. If you find a good place to hang out for a smoke, let me know! Maybe we can organize a BoB round-table.
Book, thanks to gbann57 I found the place. Skip owns The Briary and it is a classic, old school tobacco shop with a perfect smoking lounge. I met Skip today, and he tells me the Birmingham Pipe Club meets there the second Saturday of every month. Hope your conference in Birmingham falls over the second Saturday. Erik Stokkebye is scheduled to be there next month.

Book, thanks to gbann57 I found the place. Skip owns The Briary and it is a classic, old school tobacco shop with a perfect smoking lounge. I met Skip today, and he tells me the Birmingham Pipe Club meets there the second Saturday of every month. Hope your conference in Birmingham falls over the second Saturday. Erik Stokkebye is scheduled to be there next month.
Are they open on Saturdays now? For a while they were closed Sat and ive gotten out of the habit of going there. BTW i am in no way affiliated with the Briary, but they seem to be a good bunch there.

Are they open on Saturdays now? For a while they were closed Sat and ive gotten out of the habit of going there. BTW i am in no way affiliated with the Briary, but they seem to be a good bunch there.
Still closed on Saturday, but Skip indicated he hoped that would change soon.