Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ...
I found my way here via Neill's blog, apassionforpipes.
Thanks to my grandpa I have a long running romance with pipes although I've only ever smoked a pipe once (and it was recently). I currently enjoy smoking cigars but am looking forward to digging around and learning more about the world of pipes.

It seems that this is the point where I'd give you gents a sense of what I like to smoke, what my favorite pipe is, etc ... but seeing as I define the term "green" I can't really do that. :)
Not really sure what else to say ... other then that I currently live in Cincinnati but will be relocating to Tampa at the end of June (only mentioned to explain the thread title).

Welcome to BoB! You've come to the right place. Have you started a pipe & tobacco collection yet? :twisted:

Not really ... I have one pipe (a wooden Lucienne) which was given to me a few months back by a friend for my 30th birthday. And the only little pouch of tobacco I have is a generic Black Cavendish.

I'm going to meet some fellow cigar smokers this weeknd for our bi-weekly herf but was thinking of stopping by a particular B&M (more like a pipe shop with a small humidor) and picking up a tin of Dunhill 965 as my first "pipe purchase".
I'd also thought of picking up a cob while I was in there just so I could smoke a full bowl or two of the 965 without having to worry about breaking the pipe in.

I'm open to any and all suggestions regarding which would be the best tobaccos to start out with ... :)

Welcome aboard! I'd certainly pick up a cob or two if I was you and just start poking around to find out what you like, before long you'll find yourself in love with a pipe or tobacco. And that's just the beginning...