Hello from Columbus, OH

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica arborea

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Benjamin and I work as a tobacconist at Smokers' Haven in Columbus, OH. I am passionate about all premium forms of tobacco enjoyment (pipes, cigars, cigarettes, and snuff in particular), but my favorite are certainly pipes. I've been working at Smokers' Haven for a few years now, and those familiar with our outfit probably know us for our estate pipe sales and refurbishing and our house Germain blends. The business has had rough times in the past several years, but we've improved a lot over the last few months and things are looking good right now as we are getting properly stocked. At the shop, I mostly do the photography, cataloging, and uploading of product as well as regular retail duties including hosting our weekly tobacco tastings.

I've decided to join Brothers of Briar to get a better sense of the growing and changing specialized tobacco market and connect better with my customers. My other hobbies include writing, guitar, firearms, and camping and I think it's really cool that Brothers of Briar has discrete forums for various interests. I look forward to seeing all what Brothers of Briar is about.

Respectfully,
Benjamin

Welcome aboard, Benjamin. Your shop's reputation precedes you: I've heard several brothers speak highly of it.

Welcome to the Brotherhood. It is certainly good to have you here. Stop by often.

Welcome aboard! we need more B&M's on here to get their finger on the pulse. good job! i do a bit of that for my company, we only support independent retailers, no online sales or discounting allowed. keep at it!

Welcome!
Any chance Krumble Kake will make a reappearance in 2013? 8)

Welcome aboard, Benjamin! Glad to hear that things are looking up at the shop. Smokers' Haven was really a groundbreaking pipe shop back in the old days, and it would be a shame to see it go.

A friend of mine made a trip to Columbus last summer and brought me back some 20th Anniversary Mixture. It's fantastic, so now I'm patiently waiting to try some of the others...

Welcome to the BoB Benjamin! I hope you find what you're looking for in our meandering ramblings :)

Harlock999":qzcujlyk said:
Welcome!
Wishful thinking? Haha

Welcome, Ben! I think you know my buddies Jeff Gracik and Chip from San Diego... I look forward to checking out Smokers Haven in person this next year during the show.

Harlock999":wg9s1brx said:
Welcome!
More likely than not. It depends on what schedule Germain wants to run on our tobacco production, but the next wave will likely be late winter/early spring and will contain more Exotique, 20th, and In-B-Tween, but there are some other candidates for the run as well that we're not sure about, notably, Select Mixture, Our Best Blend, and maybe Krumble Kake, but definitely not all three.

s.ireland":q5re0c82 said:
Harlock999":q5re0c82 said:
Welcome!
Wishful thinking? Haha

Welcome, Ben! I think you know my buddies Jeff Gracik and Chip from San Diego... I look forward to checking out Smokers Haven in person this next year during the show.
Of course! The San Diego outfit looks to have a good thing going with the whether and that outdoor cafe they frequent.

Welcome Ben. I experienced Smoker's Haven for the first time last November as a member of the Craven Street Society. Your shop was accommodating, friendly, and the staff well-informed and helpful. Your inventory of pipes and tobaccos are second to none and I was most impressed by the variety and volume of quality estate pipes in stock. The remodeling and new commitment to cigars looks promising and I look forward to doing business with you and the shop in the near future.