Hello from Covington, Louisiana

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. Happy to be a member of this forum and to join in the discussion.

I'm a pretty new piper, in the hobby for about a year.

I'm drawn to smooth briar pipes with conventional shapes. My favorite pipe right now is a Savinelli Punto Oro Gold straight billiard model 101. Generally, I like English blends. Recently, I've been smoking Country Squire's Shepard's Pie and Angry Cornishman blends and Mac Baren's HH Balkan blend.

Welcome to BoB! I'm impressed you're smoking English blends in the LA heat wave!

Hi DrT999. It is unusually hot this summer but I'm fortunate to have an air-conditioned man-cave where it is perpetual springtime.
Glad to hear it! Enjoy! Lots of English and similar blends out there, so I'm sure you have plenty to explore

Welcome from Arizona high country. Glad to have you with us. If you like Shepherds Pie you should try their Northwest Trek. Similar to Northwoods but smoother.

Hello all. Happy to be a member of this forum and to join in the discussion.

I'm a pretty new piper, in the hobby for about a year.

I'm drawn to smooth briar pipes with conventional shapes. My favorite pipe right now is a Savinelli Punto Oro Gold straight billiard model 101. Generally, I like English blends. Recently, I've been smoking Country Squire's Shepard's Pie and Angry Cornishman blends and Mac Baren's HH Balkan blend.
Greetings from Norco, CA. Have been enjoying MacBaren's Balkan Blend too. Love burleys too - some good Peretti's and I enjoy blending my own, using burley, virginia, and a touch of Latakia or Turkish.