Hello from Ecuador!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innovador

Reaction score
Hello from Ecuador where the sun is always warm and the bananas and mango grow. I have been attracted in the last few months by the briar and have put a break on my cuban puros for the discovering of old english mixtures.

Have to say, this is my second time around for trying on pipes, and thanks to some ebay treasure acquisitions this time I am really hooked on. Now, I appeciate more the two great refined ways of enjoying tobacco, namely pipes and cigars.

I really have enjoyed reading the postings in this site, specially amuse me the way is related the relation with the wife and how some are "willing o`bear the yoke" for all our betrothed smokers.

Best wishes for all.

Hola y bienvenido! Soy de México DF. Mi cuñada vive en Quito desde hace 2 años! Nos dice que es muy bonito.

Sí, bromeamos bastante de las esposas pero todo es d buena onda siempre, jajaja....

Es fácil conseguir buen tabaco alla?

Welcome aboard!! Are you a native or an ex-pat? I'm seriously considering retiring down your way somewhere. Gotta be warmer than the 20 deg.F here in Jersey.

Welcome from the Great White North.

Would like to learn about the pipe tobacco situation down there and smoking in general.

I really appreciate your postings of welcoming me to this site. We are bound for higher purposes all we briar brothers. :)

YvesMary, very few people smoke pipe down here...So, when I smoke pipe in bars (here it is allowed), people is amused by it.

SailorJack, I am a not an expatriat but I lived in USA for some years, up with the farmers in Iowa (ISU) and enjoyed also the Chicago scene for a while.

MisterE, el mundo es pequeno despues de todo. Si, Quito es una linda ciudad. Glad to know you have relatives down here.

Hobie1Dog, my stock of Penzance is less than a 50gr and there is no way to get any good tobacco in the shops here. I would have to settle to smoke my reserves until I can travel again. Unless..

Thank you all. It is really nice to find there is a really vibrant site for sharing our peculiar hobby.

Hola, companero!

Welcome to the forum! I'm new myself and so far, people have been very warm and welcoming here (so I thought I would pay it forward).

Welcome to the BoB, innovador! I have always found your part of South America a fascinating region. About ten years ago I almost made an extended expedition to Ecuador/Peru/Bolivia... so I did a lot of research. Ecuador held the most fascination for me -- it is a very interesting and beautiful country. I really wanted to climb Chimborazo, hang out in sleepy fishing villages on the coast, and explore the beautiful and interesting city of Quito. In order to attend Spanish language school on a low budget, I instead ended up going to Mexico/Belize/Guatemala/Honduras. It was a fantastic six month adventure, to be certain. But some day, I fully intend to load up my pack and tromp around the Southern Andes in your neck of the woods.

Hola, mi amigo, y bienvenido a bordo!

Trout Bum

Trout Bum, hope you can make it to Ecuador in the future. If you do, I will show you the best places for trout fishing down here. :p