Hello From Fort Worth, Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyrosenthal74

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I followed another member over here from another site, and I'm looking forward to reading some posts, and contributing to the forums myself. I haven't quite been smoking a pipe for a year yet, so I've still a lot to learn, but I've got the basics down enough that a newbie would think I was a genius (until however said newbie visited a pipe forum and discovered he wasn't much more a newbie than myself). There really isn't much to say about myself really. Let's see... I like reading and I'm currently on book 12 of The Wheel of Time (some occasional pipe smoking in those novels), and I like writing and I'm currently working on my very first fantasy novel. I like many kinds of music, but my strongest love is for metal. I like it loud. But I also very much enjoy celtic music, classical, the old crooners like Frank Sinatra (how can you not love old blue eyes?), epic music, and even country. Not much for hip hop though. There are a couple I can handle, but most of it's not for me. I am a christian, but I don't try and force my beliefs on others. If I see an opportunity I might bring it up. Most of the music I've written has God in mind. I will not judge others based on their beliefs or lifestyle, although I may state my opinion. I know that despite my faith, I am as far from perfect as a man can get.

I don't own many pipes. I have a total of 7 right now. Two of those were loaners from a member on another forum just to help me round out my 7 day rotation. My favorites that I have purchased are my Nording Signature freehand, Nording Royal Flush Ace, and my Peterson St. Patty's Day 2013. I still have many tobaccos to try (as there are millions it seems :shock: ) but my favorites as of now are Hearth and Home's Black House, McClelland Blue Mountain, Brigadier Black Bull Run, The Smoker Ltd Wise Fox, and Captain Black Dark. I think the two I could not live without are Black House and Blue Mountain.

I'm looking forward to reading some posts and making myself familiar with the site. So here's a great big Texas howdy to you all.

Welcome sir from E.Texas!
Sounds like your well on your way and enjoying the better things in life, God, old fashion music and good pipes.

Hey Anth - welcome here. I don't have the ballz to read that book because I know it will consume me for about a year and I'll be even more useless than I already am. Welcome brother.

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. :) 

AJ

Welcome to BoB.  You'll find the best of humanity right here...you'll see genuine generosity, honest opinion backed by experience and generally a soft touch in offering suggestions.  Brotherhood is not just a word here...it is expressed daily and is heartelt.  You should find your place of comfort shortly, and it will feel as you've always been here.  That is BoB...the best slice of humanity that there is.

Hello Anthony, good gang here, welcomed us repbrobates very nicely, glad to see you. Bradley

Thank you Cartaphilus. Indeed I am sir. Indeed I am.

It looks like there are others here that I am familiar with already. Thanks Zonomo, thanks Aj. I'm feeling welcome already :D

Pepesdad... that's just the kind of forum I prefer.

Bradley! Everyone's coming out to say hi :)

Hey man great to see you here also! Its (darjones btw) aka JParker, Justin, Dr Jones, "persona non grata" lmao

J DAWG! Hey Darjones lol. I recognized the name and the photo with you and your lovely wife :) I've still got your site bookmarked by the way. Some day when I'm able, perhaps I'll purchase one of your masterpieces. Good to see you on here.

I'm betting you're going to like it here ... I know I do and some of the other guys who've made the move in the last week seem to like it pretty well also ...

good to have you here ....

Glad to see you, Anthony. The BoB have been very welcoming and have great topics.
Plat

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I like the site so far, and I'm really looking forward to reading posts and contributing with some of my own. :D 

Hiya Anthony, thanks for the PM here and good to see you! Welcome, Brother :)