Hello from Harrisburg PA

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silence2477

Reaction score
I'm new to pipe smoking. I've been doing it for 1 1/2 months and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Unfortunately I've come to realize there aren't a lot of pipe smokers in my area, most have converted to cigars. I also have been smoking cigars for the last two years and have 4 humidors, two of which are filled to the brim aging, the others have misc. stuff in them. I don't smoke in my house so being winter time in central PA standing outside for an hour to smoke a cigar isn't really an option, so I decided to take up smoking a pipe. I didn't realize at the time how much fun I would have and how much there is to learn about smoking a pipe and successfully enjoying it. I have been reading the BOB forum for the last two weeks and have really enjoyed the conversations as well as the humor. After two weeks I decided I would like to be part of the forum.
I have 5 pipes at this time, 2 Nordings, Aalborg, Savinelli Churchwarden, and a Peterson Tankard. I really enjoy the Denmark Freehands as well as the churchwarden. I have smoked a lot of Ashton's different blends my favorite being the Artisan's blend. I have also smoked a lot of Dunhill. I am starting to get into different tins and some bulk tobaccos. I would also like to start cellaring in quantities. That makes a lot of sense to me.
I look forward to getting to know everyone on the forum and learning from the knowledge and experience of the members here.

Welcome from a neighbor to the South in Hagerstown, MD. We've had a few folks from the Harrisburg PA area. Occasionally, someone will organize a forum meeting day at Boswells in Chambersburg. I'll try for that in February, so stay tuned.

That sounds good. I was actually planning on heading there next weekend to check their shop out and see what they have for sale. I would definitely be interested in meeting up in Feb. if it isn't snowing.

Welcome aboard, Silence. We're glad you could join us. Bring plenty of money on your trip to Boswell's ;)

Welcome to the forums! I hope you continue to enjoy them now that you've delurked

"T"

Welcome, I have been to PA a couple of times, would love to go back now that I know more about pipe smoking, looks like you have a B&M or two.

I can whole heartedly recommend a trip to Wingenroths in nearby Lebanon. Probably the best tin selection on the East Coast.

Welcome to BoB Silence, eeeeeer, we have humour here, when did that get installed then, blimey, turn ya back for one minute and all hell breaks loose, pffft.