Hello from Illinois

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobostro61

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Bob. I just fell across this site while Googling some pipe information and thought it would be a good place hang out and learn some stuff! I live in the south suburbs of Chicago and have only been smoking a pipe for around a year now and just started the new hobby of making my own pipes. I just finished my very first attempt at making one and thought it came out pretty darn good for someone that's never dabbled in wood crafting before. I'll post a pic a little later after I do some forum browsing. Glad to be here!

Welcome to BoB and do enjoy your time here. You have quite a few brothers in your area up there and also Iwan Ries is in Chicago. I am certain within these boards you will find the answers to any questions you might have. Again, welcome.

Welcome!

(and btw, we love pictures of the carving process!)

I have some from my first pipe I finished Saturday morning. I just started a new one not 20 minutes ago. I have to wait 7 days before I'm allowed to post pics on the forum. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I've enjoyed your pipe making posts.

I missed giving you a formal welcome. I will now fix that oversight:

efpiG.jpg