hello from Indiana!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've decided to come back to pipes after a 20 year hiatus, having picked up the uncouth habit of dipping.  :roll:   I live in beautiful downtown Indianapolis. I am starting back with the pipes I love, the Peterson.
I am starting off with a light tobacco, Frog Mortons Cellar. But want to move to a to a more strong english blend
That's fragrant, maybe a cigar tobacco blend :?:  Any suggestions would be appreciated.(they don't have to be
Cigar tobacco.) Anyway, hope to hear from you gentlemen and ladies.
And go colts!!!  :cheers:

Hello and Welcome to the Forum from John in NJ...   :study:

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Gawitt & Haggarth Dark Plug unscented....give it a try.

Welcome brother from a Louisvillian. I suggest you try Sutliff’s Private Stock Blend #5. It is an excellent English blend.

I too dipped for years. Copenhagen Long Cut was my thorn in the flesh, LOL.

puff the magic dragon":koux4i7r said:
But want to move to a to a more strong english blend That's fragrant, maybe a cigar tobacco blend :?:  Any suggestions would be appreciated.(they don't have to be Cigar tobacco.) :
Not a combo I particularly like, but I understand that John Patton's Storm Front (found in the bulk area at 4Noggins) is a popular cigarleaf/burley blend. Anyway, Welcome!

"T"

Welcome. My ol' standby for a good medium-full strength english is, believe it or not, sutliff's medium english!

Welcome! I used to dwell in Terre Haute during my highschool years. I second the Suttliff no 5 recommendation.

Welcome sir, I remember your user name, where you primarily on another forum before and used a dragon for your avatar?

Cartaphilus":kw4lvrem said:

Welcome sir, I remember your user name, where you primarily on another forum before and used a dragon for your avatar?
This is my first time on this board, I would have used a dragon if I had one, so I used a guy smoking a pipe.

Welcome aboard from another Hoosier! Lived in Lafayette most of my life, but now got whisked away to northern KY by my beautiful bride...funny how that works :)