Hello from Kentucky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durham270

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Steve and I have been a resident of Kentucky for 50 years. I grew up working in tobacco fields on hot summer days then freezing while stripping tobacco in a cold barn in the middle of winter during icy snows. Most times this work required a big chew of 'Red Man' or 'Beech Nut' to complete the task. Those were the good old days! Been a cigarette smoker half my life or better and recently started RYO'ing. My tobacco of choice for everyday cigarette smoking consists of Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam, Danish & Virginia Long Cut. I picked up the pipe years ago and fell in love. It's so relaxing. I remember seeing my Grandfather smoking a pipe when I was a child and loved the scent of his tobacco.

I enjoy smoking English blends as well as trying all the different flakes that I can. I like Virginia's, English blends as well as a few aromatics. Flakes are my favorites!

Looking forward to getting to know fellow pipe smokers and participating.

Welcome!

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the good ol' days working in the field would you? I'd love to see some of the fields you worked and so on. I hope you enjoy it here. Take care.

Brian.

We don't 'llow no Kentuckians round here......

What part? Born in West Liberty, Raised in Barbourville, currently reside in Brandenburg.

Told the old lady to bury me in Paducah so I'd have all 4 corners covered.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Brian, nope sure don't have old pictures of field work. Have a few riding horses though. I don't think they made cameras way back then! :lol!:

puros_bran, I'm livin, in the hollers down by Nolin Lake. Nice to meet a feller Kentuckian here!

Hell we ain't to far from being neighbors.. My wife's Cousin has a house on Nollin.

Welcome!

I lived in Corbin from 4th grade through 11th and my parents retired there in 1995. And my lovely wife was born and raised in Louisville.

Good to have ya here!

Megaluddite":m0e2zqqg said:
Welcome!

I lived in Corbin from 4th grade through 11th and my parents retired there in 1995. And my lovely wife was born and raised in Louisville.

Good to have ya here!
HAR!