Hello from Missouri.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejames

Reaction score
Hi folks. My name is Ed and I'm a 61 YO retired construction worker. I spend my time in a small shop in our basement working on pipes. I like restoring or re-finishing them and also make a few pipes and tampers. I'm a die hard Grabow freak and they make up the biggest part of my collection.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here

"T"

Welcome, I also like Grabow pipes, I think they are good pipes for the money, I like the real old ones that you can find on ebay.

Hello, Ed. I live only a couple of hours north of you. I'm originally from Cape Girardeau, and have been down your way many times.

Welcome to the Brotherhood and please post pics.

Thanks Gents!! I appreciate the welcomes. I haven't checked out how pics are uploaded her,shouldn't be to hard,but I have some pics of my pipes here--EDIT- Well I guess I can't do that yet! Will try posting here.

Rob,Park Hills is just a little south of St. Louis isn't it? If you ever get this way give me s shout ahead of time and maybe we can meet for a bowl or three!

ejames":rer58uef said:
Thanks Gents!! I appreciate the welcomes. I haven't checked out how pics are uploaded her,shouldn't be to hard,but I have some pics of my pipes here--EDIT- Well I guess I can't do that yet! Will try posting here.

Rob,Park Hills is just a little south of St. Louis isn't it? If you ever get this way give me s shout ahead of time and maybe we can meet for a bowl or three!
Yup, just take Hwy 67 north just past Farmington and you're there. Sure, i'll let you know ahead of time when I head that way. Definitely will have a meet-up for a couple of bowls!

Great!! I would like that! I used to drive US 67 a lot when I was working. Headed north to various construction jobs.

Welcome, Ed. I was born in St. Louis. Do you care? I didn't think so. Say, I was just wondering: what's the highest grade of Dr. Grabow? (I need facts like these to put in my hard drive upstairs. Ya' never know when ya' might need 'em.)

Welcome, Ed! Would love to see pics of your Grabow collection and some of your handiwork with pipes!

Thanks Gents ! Friendly crowd here!

Richard B. In regular production pipes made today the top line would be Royalton I believe. Heard rumors that they are going to stop making them though.
In the older- pre -IP&A pipes the Eldorado is top of the line,followed by the Viscount.

In the lines made for the RJ Reynolds coupon offers the Emperor is tops,followed by the Westbrook IIRC.

What could be considered the "Holy Grail" of Sparta made pipes is the "Unique". Only 500 were made. All were handmade by two employees at the Sparta factory.