Hello from NC!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vercer

Reaction score
Hello there, a new pipe smoker here having switched from cigarettes a little over a week ago. So far I'm keeping it simple with a Mississipi Meerschaum corn cob while I learn about different pipes and styles as well as tobaccos.

I currently hail from north central NC, between Greensboro and Winston Salem and am 35 years old. I have some vague memories of my grandfather smokinga pipe when I was very small, perhaps the reason I'm making the move myself.

Having lurked around the site a bit the last couple of days I've slready learned a fair bit and look forward to exploring this new hobby with you all.

Welcome to the world of pipes friend! I found most videos of pipe smokers on youtube have helped me a lot as ive continued to make my jouney into the world of pipe smoking but also this is a great source of help as well here at BOB.
Glad you are here!

Welcome from a fellow NCer and fellow 35 year old. I'm up in Wake Forest.

-Andrew

welcome from another Carolina resident (just outside Charlotte, on the other side of the border)

Make sure you let us know what you are trying, liking and disliking. Might find some good info & samples available.

Hope you enjoy it here

Pete

good morning sir! welcome to the Bob. in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

but damn do they know about baccy!

petertschantz":usqg2fc8 said:
bruins, I just hope we get to listen to better music......
then i won't tell you that i had the complete soundtrack and would fall asleep to it, light saber in hand, drifting off to glorious dreams of intergalactic conquest....

petertschantz":k6ttyey1 said:
welcome from another Carolina resident (just outside Charlotte, on the other side of the border)

Make sure you let us know what you are trying, liking and disliking. Might find some good info & samples available.

Hope you enjoy it here

Pete
So far only the two tobacco's, both common mass market stuff. Captain Black Gold, which I quite liked and Middleton's Cherry blend that I'm kinda "meh" on. Smokeable but wouldn't run out for it in a hurry again.

Looking at Peterson I think when I finally get a "real" pipe. Trying to keep the cost reasonable to start as I have a bad habit of allowing my hobbies to break the bank.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

from experience, I can recommend the Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipes. Great smokers, and most for < $10. You should consider trying some Prince Albert in the OTC category.

PM me your address if you want, we'll see what we can do 8)

petertschantz":pq2bt6ow said:
I'm good with the SW soundtrack, just the music in that club was annoying....
i'm humming it right now. funny that John Williams thought music of the future would be a 1920's jazz piece.

bruins":oyipb9b5 said:
funny that John Williams thought music of the future would be a 1920's jazz piece.
I'm going to let me nerd flag fly and remind you: it's not the future! It's A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Doc Manhattan":8he9601l said:
bruins":8he9601l said:
funny that John Williams thought music of the future would be a 1920's jazz piece.
I'm going to let me nerd flag fly and remind you: it's not the future! It's A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
with spaceships? come on! we invent big band swing, but not space ships? i'm finding this all hard to believe.