Hello from Northwest Ohio

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iperkins830

Reaction score
Hello all from Northwest Ohio. Just took up the noble hobby about 2 years ago and I am starting to find interest in forums such as this. Looking for insight, knowledge, opinion, and general conversation regarding pipes and tobaccos.

Welcome to the BoB forums, glad to have you aboard! :)

Greetings to you, Sir. I think you will find this group quite helpful and full of insight; however, you will find that the behavior of "collecting" pipes and tobacco that the fine gentlemen on this site practice would be better off called "hoarding." Also, this affliction is quite contagious. I welcome you and bemoan your plight simultaneously.

The hoarding has begun in earnest from day 1. My father in law introduced me to the hobby (as well as that of scotch and cognac) and it has been a downward spiral since.

That's not a downward spiral, it's an appreciation of life's pleasures. Welcome to a great forum.

Welcome to the forum, iperkins. Jefe, I resemble that remark! I subscribe to the fine Mr. Haggerty's philosophy:
Tim_Haggerty":oef28kvy said:
That's not a downward spiral, it's an appreciation of life's pleasures. Welcome to a great forum.
Consider it a "blossoming of new potential", if you will. :twisted:
Enjoy your stay,
-G

Welcome, from one buckeye to another, who is temporarily in Indiana, but is no damn Hoosier. :D

Welcome aboard from another fellow Ohioan.

Where abouts in NW Ohio are you located? I've got family and friends around Kenton, Lima, and Wapakoneta.

Well you sure picked the right place. We look forward to reading your post.

Perrysburg...that's right up around Toledo, no?

Hello from the other side of Cleveland!

Hello and welcome aboard. Although I live in the very NE corner of Ohio, I hail from Custar (spell it backwards), a very small town south of Bowling Green. I passed through Perrysburg many times and often fished the Maumee River.

Also, isn't Fallen Timbers around there? I remember visiting that as a little boy back in the 50's.

Good to have you here!

Tom