Hello from NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Dave.
Slessingers? The steak place up near Newburgh? With the Cigar Bar?
If that's the place you are referring to, yes. It's a fantastic spot.
And if you are in the upstate area please get involved with the HVPC (Hudson Valley Pipe Club) they are a great bunch of guys and would enjoy your presence.
Enjoy the forum.
Andy

Thanks so much Ill DEFINATELY check them out.
Thanks guys

And yes that's the place !

docwatson":0qjukhc8 said:
Welcome Dave.
Slessingers? The steak place up near Newburgh? With the Cigar Bar?
If that's the place you are referring to, yes. It's a fantastic spot.
And if you are in the upstate area please get involved with the HVPC (Hudson Valley Pipe Club) they are a great bunch of guys and would enjoy your presence.
Enjoy the forum.
Andy
DaveyNY":0qjukhc8 said:
Thanks so much Ill DEFINATELY check them out.
Thanks guys

And yes that's the place !
AHEM.....(cough cough)!!!

ANDY!!!!!!

PS: Dave, read my tag line / signature.........

Ok very cool

Sooooo... I'll look you guys up online. Feel free to email me any info as well and hope one of you can teach me to successfully smoke flakes without having to rub them out!

David

Not only will you get to meet Sean (DoverPipes) at the HVPC but you will be surrounded by the most talented and numerous American Pipe Carvers in the USA all belonging to one club. Bill Feuerbach, Paul Bonacquisti, Rolando Negoita, Joe Skoda and I'm sure I'm leaving someone else out.
 :D 
Andy C.

Andy,

I am having a tough time finding a home page. Can you send me a link or PM me a contact person please?

Thanks much

David NY

Dave,
I don't know if they have a web address for the club.
Best to PM Sean (DoverPipes) for any information.

I belong to the SHPC (Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston) and if you wish to read some of our newsletters at this link, feel free. And you are welcome to join us at any time you are in the area.

http://www.shpcboston.org/

DaveyNY":t6wiw7sz said:
Ok very cool

Sooooo... I'll look you guys up online. Feel free to email me any info as well and hope one of you can teach me to successfully smoke flakes without having to rub them out!

David
No website for HVPC.  :no: 
Before I was a member, the club had an old AOL web page, which is long since gone.
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month, either in Newburgh or Pleasant Valley. Occasionally, we'll head out to shows or other events in the area. I was very fortunate to have met the fellas of the HVPC! Prior to them finding me, I would hang around with only a couple of "part time pipe smokers" who weren't as interested in the "hobby".

The club also "sponsors" the annual Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking Contest, which is hosted by club member, Bill Feuerbach (KWGuy here on B.O.B.)  at the S.M. Frank Pipe Factory (Kaywoodie) in Peekskill, NY. The event includes a nice dinner, pipes & tobaccos for sale, as well as the aforementioned "Slow Smoke" pipe contest.

You are more than welcome to shoot me a PM and I can give you more details or if you just want to hang out for a smoke.......

Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Sean,
Thank You so much for the kind words and reference.  :oops: 
You're making me blush. LOL