Hello from NYC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifford

Reaction score
Hi BoB,

I am new to pipe smoking and stumbled here after searching for tobacco suggestions. I look forward to learning from this community and sharing my experiences. Currently I am smoking Captain Black from a corn cob but I just picked up my first estate pipe, a Parker billiard pipe, and hope to break it in with a nice English blend.

Clifford

Welcome Clifford. Just the solution for a Parker is a good English Blend like you said. And if it's an estate it should be already broken in for you!

Welcome! You found a great group, here.

I could also invite you to join us at a monthly meeting of the NY Pipe Club. If you were to visit www.newyorkpipeclub.com you will find out all you need to know.

Welcome and enjoy!

Lou

Thank you for the warm welcome and skaukatt, thank you for the info on the NY Pipe Club. I'll have to check it out.

Clifford

skaukatt":higtkld1 said:

I could also invite you to join us at a monthly meeting of the NY Pipe Club. If you were to visit www.newyorkpipeclub.com you will find out all you need to know.

Welcome and enjoy!

Lou
I second that comment from Lou. I live in Maryland but have been fortunate enough to have attended two NYC pipe club meetings in the past few months. I attended the March meeting, held last night. What a great and eclectic group of members (what else would you expect from NYC!). They are really some fine gentlemen who are quite knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco. I was made to feel more than welcome on each of my visits, give them a shot.

riff raff":41jnvqt7 said:
skaukatt":41jnvqt7 said:

Welcome and enjoy!

Lou
I second that comment from Lou. I live in Maryland but have been fortunate enough to have attended two NYC pipe club meetings in the past few months. I attended the March meeting, held last night. What a great and eclectic group of members (what else would you expect from NYC!). They are really some fine gentlemen who are quite knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco. I was made to feel more than welcome on each of my visits, give them a shot.
Thank you, Al, I appreciate the kind comments and glad you enjoyed yourself! Hope you can join us in the near future, it's always a pleasure.