Hello from Ohio

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmick

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Mick. I am really just starting my journey into pipes. I have 3 Kaywoodie Estate, 2 cobs and 2 inexpensive briars, maybe a pound of various tobaccos. Still trying to learn what I like. Right now Early Morning Pipe and Erinmore Flake are winning.
I'm mainly a smokeless tobacco user, snus and nasal snuff. Any of you involved in that community probably already know me.
Anyway I'm going to sit over here and keep my mouth shut, mostly, speak up when I can help and more than likely ask some dumb questions.

Thanks for the Welcome!

Blue Max, I have not tried Frog Morton yet. I'm going to the tobacco store this weekend and hopefully will find some new brands that look interesting. Maybe a shiny new pipe to test them with. :)

No luck on new tobacco, I did grab the last 100 gram tin of Erinmore Flake. $10. Got the shaft, I guess, on the pipe. Whoever heard of Brylon? Oh well it's not the end of the world. Looks like I may have an unsmoked pipe forever.... :( :lol:

hobie, I live in Columbus, but grew up in Johnstown and Mt Vernon. My mom says I lived in Heath a couple of years, but as I was in diapers I don't remember it. lol

bigmick":4zstvk3t said:
hobie, I live in Columbus, but grew up in Johnstown and Mt Vernon. My mom says I lived in Heath a couple of years, but as I was in diapers I don't remember it. lol
I worked over in Columbus for 5 years at the McDonnell Douglas aircraft plant back in the early 90's.

Do you go to the Smokers Haven Pipe Shop? How is it? Can you take pictures of it?

hobie1dog":ziqlnl3m said:
Do you go to the Smokers Haven Pipe Shop? How is it? Can you take pictures of it?
I was just in there a week or so ago. It's bad. Place looks like it's on the edge of out of business. The store is 3/4 empty. Still have a huge selection of pipes, $15 to $100's , but almost no pipe tobacco, what is there is pretty old and dusty and that's just the bulk. It's to bad as they were THE store back a few years. Now we have Pipes and Pleasures for good selection and a few cigars stores that carry a bit of pipe tobacco. There is a Tinder Box in Easton, but the prices reflect the location.