hello from ohio

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancimouspitt

Reaction score
So for a reason I can't quiet pin point I have wanted to start smoking a pipe. Perhaps it's the fact that the pipe itself can be distinguishing and it a big change from the casual smoke of a cigarette. Perhaps it's because I read a lot of books and i'm looking for something to do while I contemplate the reading.

Anyhow i've done some research online but was wanting to say hello and wonder if anyone could recodmened a good starter set with everything I would need to get started. I don't have the world to spend on a pipe but could manage anywhere starting from about 30 all the way to 50-60 dollars. I've been looking at the Savinelli Univeristy starter kit.
Would this be a good option?

Thanks.

I am also new to the world of pipe smoking iv only been on the pipe for about 4 months. in my opinion if you have already tried pipes and liked them then buy a briar pipe if you are completely new and have never tried a pipe i would try a corn cob the first few smokes taste a little corny but after that you will get the true taste of the tobacco. the other good thing about trying a cob is if you dont like it you can just throw it out and you would only be out of a few bucks. if you have tried pipes before or have a feeling you will like them and want a brair pipe then the kit that you were looking at isnt a bad deal but also check out pipesandcigars.com and look at their pipe gifting kits

I'll echo new2thepipe. Get a cob, a pipe tool, a bic or matches, some pipe cleaners, and pouch of Carter Hall or Prince Albert if you want to start off with the basics, or Captain Black white or royal if you want to start off sweeter, and enjoy!

Best of luck!

"T"

(if you go with a cob, don't forget to change or remove the filter ever few smokes!)

Welcome my friend, I also recommend a cob, nothing wrong with them...I just finished smoking mine about an hour ago outside by the fire. Carter Hall is a good recommendation for a drug store brand...I still have a half pouch left myself. look into the Peterson pipes...good quality pipe for the money...I love them.