Hello from Pinehurst

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonanzadriver

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a somewhat new pipe smoker. Though I've had a pipe or two over the last 35 years, I've been mostly a Cigar & Scotch guy. That all changed back in Oct of 16 when I decided to do my research and find out what pipes I liked and what tobacco's.

So, about 6 months, 30+ pipes and as many different blends later, here I am. ;)

Had the good fortune of meeting JimInks online several months back and was lucky enough to meet up with him at this past weekend's TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo in Raleigh, NC.

What a great guy, what a great time the pipe show was. We talked about a lot of things, one of them being the various Briar forums out there. Although I'd visited BoB a few times, I ran into problems trying to register and just sorta forgot about it.

So, with Jim's & Carlos' help we were able to find a way in.

Looking forward to learnin more about pipes and tobacco, as well as getting to know ya'll.

Dino

Dino

Welcome to the BoB and hope your here for the long haul. You will find MANY friendly and knowledgeable pipe smokers, makers and carvers that can help with any questions. Any questions about tobacco's,  Jiminks is the MAN to ask, also many others within this forum can also help.
Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Pleased to meetcha Dino and welcome to our lil' slice of heaven. Very cool that you were able to connect with Jiminks. He's one of the best.

Pinehurst you say? As in NC? That's where my late Pap lived out the last days of his life. He was a huge golf enthusiast and played on many of the courses. Also a member at one of the country clubs there as well, but forget which one right now.

I visited him there on several occasions and found the area very nice indeed. He once offered his house there to me but I was firmly entrenched in the Pac NW at the time.

Cheers,

RR

Thank you all.

Yes Brew, we live in Pinehurst, NC. You're right, it is definitely golf country. We've got something like 45 courses in a 15 or 16 mile radius and upwards of 20 country clubs. Besides the folks working over @ Ft. Bragg, the golf industry is the largest employer here, followed pretty closely by all of the folks workin in Horse Country, Southern Pines a neighboring city.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas, and I'm glad you made it to the forum, Dino.