Hello from Richmond, Va

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priest2705

Reaction score
I've been lurking on the forum for a couple weeks now, reading as much as I could. I'm a born-again pipe smoker, used to smoke about 20 yrs ago while I was in the Corps. I was 19 at the time and partook of cigars and cigarettes while I delved in pipes. Didn't have anyone to teach me, I had a Dr. Grabow and whatever baccy I could find at the drug store. I gave it up after a few months. I still smoke cigars, make my own cigarettes, and my interest in RYO cigarettes actually drew me back into the pipe fold, so to speak. I'm starting all over, learning all that I can. I've decided to start my new adventure with an order from cigarsandpipes.com (I love their customer service and their shipping is fast). My first 2 pipes are on the way from ebay....a Venturi billiard (one of the "infamous" the pipe's) and a Marxman that I like the looks of. I'm thinking I'm going to focus on estates, restoring them, and having fun finding what works for me and what doesn't. I've got some Pirate Kake, AJ's VaPer, Ambassador's Blend, Bayou Night, and Three Friars on the way. I look forward to the pipe journey and to making friends with the wise and esteemed men and women on this forum. Thanks for all that you've taught me already.

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

Enjoy the forum, there is much to be found here. And much nonsense to participate in...

Hahahaha he called us wise and esteemed!! You Sir have not been lurking long enough as we are a bunch of misguided pranksters and witty folk. Enjoy your time here brother, I am sure you will find the answers to any questions you might have somewhere on this forum. It really is a great group of people here so welcome to BoB. I definitely look forward to seeing pics as your collection grows.

Welcome to the forums, and back to pipe smoking! I hope you enjoy both

"T"

Welcome! I'm heading up in a few moments to Richmond for CORPs pipe show! Since you live there you should head over. There are a few of the brothers that are attending. It is at the GRCC.

GeoffC":fzlfresj said:
Welcome! I'm heading up in a few moments to Richmond for CORPs pipe show! Since you live there you should head over. There are a few of the brothers that are attending. It is at the GRCC.
I wish that I could. I didn't find out about it until early this week. It's on the same weekend as 2nd Street Festival, which I LOVE attending every year, and I'm working all weekend, so I'm missing both :(

As for pics, trust me, I'll happily post pics of my collection as it grows, starting with my first 2 when they show up next week.

I'd love to find out about anyone in Richmond who can tell me the good B&M shops that cater as much to pipes as cigars

Welcome aboard, padre. I think you'll find that returning to the pipe after a long absence gives one a greater appreciation for the subtleties. That seems to be a recurring theme here.

George Kaplan":oigf77kp said:
Welcome aboard, padre. I think you'll find that returning to the pipe after a long absence gives one a greater appreciation for the subtleties. That seems to be a recurring theme here.
LOL I think you may be right. What I do remember about smoking a pipe back then was that I got tongue bite something fierce and I smoked entirely too fast and too hot. I'm hoping that I've learned my lesson since then. LOl and no need to call me padre. I'm a baptist. The name is one that AOL assigned me over 15yrs ago

Welcome from Maryland. I hope you took advantage of the CORPS Pipe show this weekend in Richmond, I just returned, it was wonderful.

LOL unfortunately, no. I'm gonna have to miss it this year (that 4 letter word spelled W-O-R-K). I'm gonna have to make sure to take the weekend off next year so I can attend both days. How was it?

Welcome!

Your intro and your replies tell me that you are already a pipe brother. You have some good tobaccos and pipes on the way.

Welcome!

PS The Richmond is the best show regionally, the Chicago show of course the best of the best. Try to go next year. There was no way for me to purchase it at the time that I was able to hold it, and knowing what I know about horns I'd never buy one, but at that show I was able to hold and closely examine a high-end horn with opposing straight grain and birdseye covering all four sides.

Lovely lovely lovely.

I will definitely make it next year, and I'm excited about my new baccy and pipes. Waiting for the tracking numbers for the pipes, hopefully, they'll ship tomorrow

welcome back to the fold brother! Feels good to be running with proper villains again doesn't it....oh yeah you so smiled and nodded. I have learned so much from my brothers here ( not only from asking questions but from reading past and present threads) .. they are a fantastic group with a great wealth of knowledge.