Hello from Sacramento!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sactownchad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been in read only mode here for a few weeks and I finally decided to pop in and say hello. I have been smoking pipes for about 4 years now but until recently I was more into cigars which I still enjoy. I started on aromatics (Bagpiper's Dream and Larsen Signature are favorites) but am getting more and more into the Virginia and perique blends like Pebble Cut and St. James.

As for Pipes, I have a couple of Dunhill's, one estate and one I recently purchased full retail (ouch, but it is out of my system now right?) and a pair of Peterson's (emerald starter pipe and a new B10 Killarney) and a Savinelli "Bing's favorite" smooth coming from eBay soon.

I am looking to become more social with my fellow pipe smokers as I really don't get to socialize with any in my area.

So, hello everyone!

-Chad

sactownchad":w7ouwdgu said:
...but it is out of my system now right?
Ha, yeah right! Soon you'll be wanting another. It's nice that your getting stated with some great pipes. I feel that a lot of newbies have a poor experience with pipe smoking because they start on bad pipes with bad tobacco, IMHO. If you get the hankering for another pipe, I suggest you pick an artisan pipe maker you like and have them make you a pipe, then compare it to your new Dunhill.

Glad to have you on the forum.

Chad, Welcome to the BoB.

There are a few Northern CA pipers on the board here, including myself.

Always good to see someone new from CA around here.

Welcome to BoB Chad. Looks like we may yet raise a quarm here in the Sacto area.

:geek:

welcome to the board, I am brand new as well. My parents live in Sacramento as well as my brother who is a comedian. Next time I get up there maybe we can share a bowl and some espresso or scotch :)

rev

Welcome to BoB and enjoy your time here. According to smoker's laws we have to encourage all PAD/TAD so be sure to always ask our opinion for confirmation that you definitely always need to purchase. I look forward to seeing pics of that collection you have going. Again, welcome to the Enablers of Briar.

the rev":a4a5f35t said:
welcome to the board, I am brand new as well. My parents live in Sacramento as well as my brother who is a comedian. Next time I get up there maybe we can share a bowl and some espresso or scotch :)

rev
I am a big fan of both, sounds great! Being in the music scene up here for the past 2 decades or so, I might know your brother. It is a small world in the capital city.

Keith Lowell Jensen is his name, he is an "atheist comedian" and an activist in the city. He founded the co-exist comedy tour which was pretty cool, a group of people with different faiths making funny about the silliness that divides people.

rev

Welcome, Chad! I'm relatively new here myself and I'm really getting into the comraderie of this group. Like you I am lone piper but I am trying to get my sons off cigarettes and "on the pipe". I've been successful with number one son and number two is coming along. Number three doesn't smoke but he likes the aroma of a good tobacco.

Pleasant pipe dreams all around and once again welcome to The Brotherhood.