Hello from sweltering East Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weldtchr

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a cigar smoker for years and just recently got interested in pipes. I currently don't have any pipes although I am leaning towards the system pipes from Peterson, Wellington, and Savinelli. Other recomendations would be welcome as would tobacco recomendations for a raw beginner to pipe smoking.

Welcome aboard! I have a Savinelli that uses the balsawood filter, it smokes very well.

Welcome to the BoB forums! I have 2 Savinelli's with the 6mm balsa filters. They are great starter pipes because the filter absorbs the moisture if you happen to pack your bowl a little too tight.

Welcome to the group.

If you go with Peterson and the pipe arrives with the inside of the bowl dark, it's probably been dunk-stained. Meaning you'll be smoking stain for a while. Not to knock Peterson, I've owned many, but do take 15 minutes with sandpaper to remove any stain in the bowl before the first smoke.

Buddy

Welcome. Spend some money for a quality briar and you can't go wrong. Both Peterson and Savinelli have great pipes in all price ranges.

Thanks for all the welcomes and replies! The only prior experience I have had with pipes was when I was about 18 or so and bought a dusty no name off of a drugstore display and gagged through about three bowls of Borkum Riff. Hoping not to repeat that this go around!

Your heading in the right direction with your pipe choices. A small warning ref. the system pipes, I don't recommend tilting the bowl higher than the mouth piece while in your mouth. :no:

Welcome to the BoB.