Hello from Texas!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktgivens

Reaction score
Hello all! New member here, ktgivens from Dallas Texas. 62 yrs old, 3 kids (2 at home). Started Pipe smoking in 1970 in GA (home state). Amassed a large collection of pipes but after my 2nd wife developed asthma I "lost" them all around 1999 (makes me weep to think about it :( ). Started up again in 2010, now have app 40 pipes (enough to cycle thru 1 a day for over a month). Prefer English blends (I actually worked part time for a mall based Tinderbox back when that chain existed and remember the white and black can versions of the original (pre 1975) Balkan Sobranie, (white can was my fav)). Currently working on a can of Seattle Pipe Clubs "Seattle Evening", an 8 OZ jar of Esoterica's Penzance and a small jar of Peter Stokkebeye's Proper English.

We already have a guy from Dallas, you'll have to move!

ktgivens":c7tsxok5 said:
Cartaphilus":c7tsxok5 said:
Ok, I'll 'fess up. I'm actually in Grand Prairie  :lol: 
Oh Gees! You still need to move!:fpalm: 

Just kidd'en ;) 

cliffkinder":yaqookft said:
Welcome, where abouts in the DFW are you?  I lived in Arlington for about 12 years.
I'm actually in Grand Prairie, almost within sight of Joe Pool Lake.

Cartaphilus":dea4yuc3 said:
ktgivens":dea4yuc3 said:
Cartaphilus":dea4yuc3 said:
Ok, I'll 'fess up. I'm actually in Grand Prairie  :lol: 
Oh Gees! You still need to move!:fpalm: 

Just kidd'en ;) 
Will consider, as long as I don't have to leave Texas :cheers: 

Crikey KT, you've some piping experience there! Welcome to the brethren!

Welcome to BoB. You will find this an awesome place with lots of awesome people. Glad to see you here.

Cartaphilus":145kwlzr said:
Don't mind Ron, he lives out there in the woods of E. Texas and you know how THOSE folks are !!  :twisted:  Welcome aboard and what Tinderbox in Dallas did you work at? I occasionally went to one up in N/Dallas back in the 80's.  :twisted: :twisted: