Hello from the Netherlands

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerrit_Jan

Reaction score
I registered myself a long time ago but I became ill and lost my interest in pipesmoking and everything that has to do with it. But now my interest is back and I would like to introduce myself. I live, together with my wife, in the the southwest of the Netherlands, near the coast of the Northsea.
I started pipesmoking in the middle of the 80's. I started with an Amphora (brand of Gunbbels, producer of Big Ben) and a Zenith (Claypipe).
A few years after that I discovered the pipes of Stanwell and they are still one of my favourites. In the following years I started to collect pipes, first only Stanwell, later also Winslow and Peterson. Now and then a pipe of an other producer but I preferred danish design.
The tobacco's I smoked were the few tobacco's that are available in the Netherlands. That means mostly aromatics. Until I discovered Troost slices. Also a lightly aromatic tobacco but a special one. Then I became i-net and I discovered not only the i-shops but also the pipesmoker forums. I discovered a complete new world, became many contacts and was able to read and write about one of the finest things in the world: pipes. In the forums I came in contact with pipemakers and I discovered that there was more than only serialpipes. That resulted in the fact that I bought more pipes of a pipemaker than serial pipes. My preference changed also, I',m trying to collect Cutty's and Cavalier pipes. Not asy because that are two shapes who are hardly produced now.
My tobacco's changed also. No more aromatics but virginia/perique flakes. But I'm still starting the day with the my old favourite:Troost slices.
I am member of a Dutch, a German, an Austrian and now an American forum. I'm curious to see if there are differences in everything that do with pipes in Europe and America.

Welcome to BoB. Love Stanwells as well. They are really sweet.
Glad you are with us.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you and looking forward to your posts.
AJ

Hello Gerrit,

Good to have you back! Great Dane! (pun about the pipes)