Hello from the West Coast of Canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas McCay

Reaction score
I've been a pipe smoke for eight or nine years now. I quit for a while due to cancer treatments for a cancer not related to tobacco consumption. I can't seem to leave tobacco alone so I've come back to the pipe rather than the cigs.

I have a big fondness for Ten Russians and other Latikia strong blends and tend to use Sir Walter Raleigh as a daily smoke.

I do not collect pipes but have about ten or more that I use regularly. My two Peterson P-lips are the most important and most commonly used although I have a few Grabow's and corncobs, as well.

Welcome to BoB Thomas. You'll find a good number of Canuks on this board who will be along shortly to greet you and show you the secret handshake.

Where on the coast do you hail from? Vancouver perhaps? Or on the lovely Vancouver island with Victoria being the crown jewel?

I'm from the greater Seattle area myself, and have experienced the delights of the above as well as the Canadian Rockies including Banff and Jasper. Magic!

Cheers,

RR

Always thrilled to welcome another Canuck piper to the BoB! Greetings from Kitchener, ON. :cheers:

Yes I do live in Vancouver in this, my antiquity.  I decided I'm too old for the extremes of Canadian weather and have been in Vancouver for some time.  One excuse being as good as another.

I was in love with Vancouver and the west cast of Canada at first sight.

Greetings and thanks to all.

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. You are living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Sometimes I wish I had moved there many years ago when I had the chance. :)

AJ

ajn27511":aupo3xgj said:
Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. You are living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Sometimes I wish I had moved there many years ago when I had the chance. :)

AJ
I am indeed a very lucky fellow.  I grew up in the American south but ended up in what to me was like Mecca.  Ocean and mountains in the same place.  My wife is from Hamilton. The two best things I ever did for myself was coming to Vancouver and the west coast in general and the incredibly good luck I've had in the marriage department.  I'm not easy to live with.

A big hello to everyone.  I shall be around more when my Four Noggins package arrives.  Yea though I'm financially comfortable these days I still can not bring myself to pay Canadian prices.

When I lived down south I smoked PA, Sir Walter Raleigh, and Bugler. I started smoking at 15. I'm sixty seven now.

I originally took up the pipe to get off the the cigarettes.  It worked for me, I quit cigs and quit inhaling.  But that requires good tobacco with a vitamin N hit. :)

I survived a cancer that was supposed to kill me. One that was not related to tobacco.  It was a long slow recovery and I started smoking cigs again.  So I'm cleaning my pipes and getting ready to break in an unsmoked Peterson that my wife bought two and a half years ago, just before the cancer was discovered.

I am a bit long winded as you are already discovering.  The long and the short is that when my 4noggins package arrives with my Nightcap, 10 Russians, and yes, Sir Walter Raleigh, I shall post more frequently.  I'm not a pipe collector so the tobacco itself is my favourite topic.

I loved my pipes, especially my little Peterson system pipe that I found in a box of stuff a friend had collected from a huge estate sale.  I really look forward to breaking in the new Peterson with the Sir Walter Raleigh and reintroducing my old Peterson those English blends it is so fond of.

The first time I tasted Nightcap, when I first started the pipe, I fell in love with the stuff and Latikia.  It was impossible to find Night Cap in Canada, at that time, so that led me to 10 Russians and such things. I have some burley coming, as well. I am very fond of good burley, very fond of it.
I will stop now. :)

Welcome from a former Vancouverite now living in Mexico City

I miss early morning walks on the beach, kayaking, mountain biking, snowboarding, wakeboarding - why did I ever leave!

Welcome Thomas (or would you prefer Tom)! I'm an English fan myself. I think you'll find everything you need from a pipe smoker's perspective here.