Hello from Tuscaloosa, AL

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halcyon03

Reaction score
Good evening gentlemen. I just wanted to chime in. I have only recently got into pipe smoking. I smoked cigarettes for a long time and have been attempting to quit. So far the pipe smoking is helping tremendously. I've smoked maybe 3 cigarettes in about 2 weeks. I've been interested in pipe smoking for a long time. As a child my father owned a hardware store and I used to come in and clean up for 20 dollars a week, which was a lot to me back in the 80's, and as I grew older I was given more responsibility. I have one vivid memory from the store he had and that was there was always this older fellow who smoked a pipe and it always smelled wonderful to me. I'm not sure what he smoked but I always liked when he came in to chat with my grandfather in one of the chairs we kept by the main counter (I grew up in a small town lol). I was rummaging through some drawers the other day and found my father's Grabow Savoy from his college years (a now 35 year old pipe). This find gave me the motivation to go to the local tobacco shop and buy some Captain Black Cherry. Ok tobacco, burns hot. I later did some research and got some MacBaren Vanilla Cream as it was the only aromatic the local tobacco/head shop offered that I had read decent reviews on. I have since ordered a couple of MM cobs and some more tobacco from Pipes and Cigars.com along with a Bjarne Classic Viking pipe and miscellaneous things. I'm still learning. I see there is a multitude of things to learn and become accustomed to, but I'm doing my best. Sorry for the length. Any info/advice is welcome. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums!  I hope you have a great time here, and ask all the questions you want -- we're at least certain to have lots of opinions!

"T"

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board.:)
AJ

Welcome to BoB. Great story about your fathers store. Sounds like a great place to hang out and smoke a pipe.

Good to meet you and welcome to BoB, what a great thing to find whilst having a rummage, a very special to you pipe indeed, all Aromatic tobacco will smoke hot to be honest as do most straight Virginia tobacco. If you slow down on your draw rate and sip the pipe rather than taking long deep draws you will find your tobacco tasting much nicer and the pipe wont get so hot, enjoy the journey chap. :cheers: