Hello from Upstate SC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbeard

Reaction score
Hello!

I signed up for the community after doing research on restoring/cleaning some pipes I recently came into. None very expensive, but I'm dipping my feet in the water. Thanks for the opportunity to gain some knowledge!

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of good folks and information to be had here....

Welcome Big Beard! Good to have you aboard. Jump right in and ask away if you need to. Lots of keen types here who will only be too willing to help.

Wow guys, appreciate the welcome!
To answer all the questions:
-My strategy currently is soaking stems in a bath of oxyclean overnight then scrub/sand
-then soak in everclear/vodka and scrub the inside with brush/bristled cleaners
-for the bowls, I'm just doing a light reaming and then a sand/buff/polish to the outside finishing with carnauba wax (I got some powdered stuff from a gun supply store that is super easy to use with a quick pass of a heat gun).

I got married in December so the beard is growing back to it's former majesty.

And we didn't get much of anything from the hurricane up here. A splash of rain (pretty sure we had worst storms the weekend before...).

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of people restoring pipes now, so lots of information on how all the various techniques work.

We need a picture of the beard.

Welcome to the site. I had a great beard going but trimmed it way back in December. Got tired of it getting stuck in the coat zipper.