Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brauhausbier

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been laid up for the past 12 days since I had a bad motorcycle crash in Haines, Alaska on 7-15. I've had some time this week to replace my old briar which I snapped in half of in Coldfoot, AK about half way on our 5 week trip to Alaska. I managed to keep it together with electrical tape the remainder of the tour. I just landed a very nice David Jones Rustictated Dublin this eve off ebay that is a present to myself for surviving the crash and getting into Graduate School which I start on Aug 1st. I'm a Doctor of Pharmacy candidate at Touro University in Vallejo, CA. I also came across BoB while on the couch this week recovering and am happy to find the forum!

I've been smoking pipe tobacco for the past 20 years and have pretty much stuck to cheap pipes and local tobacco blends. I had been living in Portland, Oregon the past 15 years and pretty much exclusively smoked the Alder Street blend created by the excellent tobacco blender Steve at Rich's Tobacco in Downtown Portland.

I'm also looking forward to taking a trip to the famous Grants Tobacco in San Fran soon. In closing, I am looking forward to my new David Jones Pipe to keep me company in my studies this next year and learning from the knowledge and practice of the BoB forum.

Thank you,

Eric Wager
Vallejo, CA

Welcome to BoB enjoy your time here and feel free to ask questions. Quite the ingenuity to hold your pipe together when you had the need to in AK. I had never heard of David Jones before but his pipes but found his site http://www.davidjonespipes.com to be interesting, just wish he had more variety in pics on his site or his eBay store. You will have to post up in the PAD/TAD section with pics and a review of how it smokes once it makes it to you. Enjoy and welcome.

Thank you so much for the warm reception Kaiser83 :D

I will for sure take some pictures and do a review of my new DJ pipe which should arrive late next week. I'm also currently out of tobacco here in Vallejo. My motorcycle is in Bellingham, WA where i have it stored after we left alaska on the state ferry from Haines, Ak to Bham, WA. My remaining tobacco, bandaged pipe, and my zippo are still on my motorcycle pictured in my Avatar (06' KTM 950). I'm hoping to take a trip to Grant's Tobacco in SF this next week for fresh tobacco. As well. I should get my motorcycle back to CA the weekend of Aug 3 :cheers: Thank you!

s.ireland":spbtuvz1 said:
Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here
Thank you so much! My left hand isn't so easy to use on the keyboard with the splint I've been wearing for the past 12 days.

Just fixed my "hello from Vallejo, VA" to "hello from Vallejo, CA" :D

And I just ordered some tobacco on-line for the first time this eve:

Hamborger Veermaster 8oz
Embarcadero 2oz
Escudo Navy Deluxe 50g

I can't wait for the new pipe this next week and these three tobaccos which I've never tried. Really informative forum!

Welcome, Eric! Soon you'll have stacks of tobacco tins and a cellar of mason jars, wondering when you'll have time to try it all!

"T"

Rob_In_MO":f6ufy1pw said:
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Eric.

Let's see = new pipe, lots of tobacco coming. Yup, you'll soon be good to go.

All three tobaccos are excellent choices, btw.
Thanks everyone! Another beautiful day here on the SF Bay in Vallejo, CA. I can't wait for all the good stuff in the mail this next week! Have a great summer weekend everyone.

gravel":vi4eyok8 said:
Welcome! Hope you heal up fast.
Thank you so much! I'm now 14 days out since my spill. My sprained ankle and swollen knee are much improved and I'm getting around pretty good! I have a follow up with my bone MD Monday and will find out what he plans for my wrist. thanks!

Welcome to the BoB. I was just at Grant's over the July 4th weekend. Interesting little shop.

DrumsAndBeer":f5g33c5j said:
Welcome to the BoB. I was just at Grant's over the July 4th weekend. Interesting little shop.
Great to meet another from the Bay Area D&B! I'm looking forward to getting down to SF and checking out Grants very soon. Grants has an interesting web site and claim they supplied tobacco to the late Anwar Sadat of Egypt :shock:

I"ve been without a pipe and tobacco for 11 days and I just cant wait to receive my new David Jones Dublin and an order of tobacco this next week. It should hopefully all arrive by early next week. I dearly miss living so close to Rich's Tobacco in Portland, OR :cry:

Welcome to the BoB, and to the bay area. Both are pretty cool places to hang ones hat.