Hello, from Willow Spring N.C.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.A.

Reaction score
Oh I have to stand up and introduce myself to the class :)
Hello all I'm R.A. recently (6 month ago) re-newed to pipe smoking,

Actually started smoking a pipe at age 12 ! So with a 2.00 a week allowance and a mission.I convinced my mother it was no different than burning incense sticks (the scented candles of the 70's) first trial was a corncob pipe and a pack of Sir Walter Raleigh, and then soon after settling into a Dr Grabow bent and a pack of Borkum Riff bourbon wiskey flavor.

Well for the next couple of years as luck had it I broke that pipe in perfect it smoked like a dream with no outside input only my luck I managed to pack and lite a bowl just right no tongue bite or constant re-lites. Well somehow I managed to misplace the pipe I guess it may have fallen out of my pocket I will never know,

But for the next 10 years give or take I tried to replace it never did get a pipe to smoke as nice as that one, bought quite a few discarded some kept others but never enjoyed it like that little bent Grabow, as years passed only on rare occasions I would buy a pack of something and give it a try with one of the pipes of disappointment.

Cigarettes cigars and years passed, But a trip to the State Fair rekindled my interest, About 5 months ago I saw a guy in the Village of Yesteryear selling pipes he had made, struck up a conversation told him of my love hate thing with pipes and tongue bite etc, And how I always like a pipe but had lost interest due to not being able to avoid the tongue bite and get one broken in,

Well a couple of his hand made pipes reasonably priced a sample of his blend and some smoking advice I have ventured to give it another try, Oh yea and armed with a desk chair degree complements of the Internet I think it may all work out. With much study ( which brought me to this forum) I seek advice and knowledge, tips and tricks all I can aquire to get the most out of pipe smoking.

Oh yea I have been know to go on and on about a subject :)

Greetings to all well met, R.A.

Welcome.
I'm sure that you will like this place.
It would be nice to see a photo or two of those handmades.

Bill

Welcome R.A. That's a good story. I'm curious about the village of yesteryear at the state fair. Was it set up as an old-timey village. Here in Mississippi we just have cows, ferris wheels and deep-fried candy bars. Oh, and a burger with doughnuts for a bun. Yup.

Welcome RA! I'm sure you will find the guys here quite helpful! I know I have :cheers:

Hi there,

You're really in my neck of the woods. Are you familiar with TAPS (Triangle Area Pipe Smokers)? We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month, and put on a pipe show every spring. The Tarlers of C&D are usually there, along with the people from smokingingpipes.co. Russ Ouellette was there from pipesandcigars this year also.