Help about stems

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipe Smoker

Reaction score
I clean all my stems with Magic Eraser. Have a Brebbia Stem Polish Creme. How long I must wait to creme absorb in stems, before polishing them?

Thank you for answers.

I don't have a mechanical set up with a buffer. I use Mr Clean Magic Erasers also. They do a great job and don't take very long to get the most oxidized stems back to black. Once they are cleaned I take paragon wax from http://www.finepipes.com/ Accessories & Requisites. I coat the stem and let it dry for 10-20 minutes roughly or until all the wax is totally dry. Once it's totally dry take a cloth and rub the stem until it shines. Paragon is good for a smooth bowl also. He also sells Halcyon II for rusticated bowls. Once I buy a buffing machine, I plan to test Paragon and Halcyon vs. caranuba wax and see which one shines the brightest.

Silence, thank you for info. Stems are in perfect shape now. I use Brebbia polish creme and Obsidian oil.

PS: Great stuff - I use that exact combination myself (Magic Eraser and Brebbia).

I put it on thin (not dripping) then wait for it do dry to a white chalk (kinda like car wax), and then wipe off and buff. Takes a bit of time this way, but well worth it in the results.

Stem oil (Obsidian) first ?

I've gone from xtra fine grit to Halcyon directly but it didn't work worth squat. Probably didn't let it dry long enough (?) and moisture got in under it. Oil would at least impede the reaction, with the wax protecting it from the moisture that catalyses it. (??)

:face:

Rob_In_MO":9f62p7zf said:
PS: Great stuff - I use that exact combination myself (Magic Eraser and Brebbia).

I put it on thin (not dripping) then wait for it do dry to a white chalk (kinda like car wax), and then wipe off and buff. Takes a bit of time this way, but well worth it in the results.
I do the very same thing with great results.

Have any of you brebbia polish users compared it to the denicotea stem polish? I have the denicotea product but have never used the brebbia.