help identifying a connoisseur pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golgo13

Reaction score
Hello all, just thought I'd ask some questions about one of the estate pipes i picked up over the weekend. It's marked connoisseur NYC, but is it a pipe by Ed Burak? Is this something special, or just another good smoker? Either way I think it looks like it will clean up nice but I would love some more information besides what's marked on the pipe itself :eek:
111.jpg
[/url]

I'm thinking Connesseur was a pipe shop in N.Y.C. that has closed; that is probably one of their pipes. My understanding is some of the bigger more well known shops purchase these "no Name" pipes then stamp their own name on it. They are usually pretty decent for the money paid. I have a "no name" from a local B&M and it smokes great.

Ed Burak did retire this past February and closed his shop, IIRC! My guess would be that this is one of his "store" name pipes. Should be a good smoker!! FWIW :pipe: FTRPLT

no clover on the pipe that i can find, but if it's not too big a deal, then i'll just clean it, and enjoy it! anyone else have a connoisseur pipe?

wow, thanks for the info phil!!!!

I recently bought another connoisseur pipe this time with the Burak stamping on the shank. ill try to post pics of it as well.

Thats a real deal.

Just as an FYI, my auction site on ebay is the only venue where you can find unsmoked Ed Burak Connoisseur pipes.
I list 10 to 12 Connoisseurs every month, 2 or 3 of which would be high end categorized as "art piece" or 1 of a kind

Best,

Hank