Help identifying a pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score

Not long ago my brother in-law gave the pipes shown above. The one I have a question about is the one in the upper right corner. As you can see it is a bowl without a stem. The left side of the shank is marked "Raam" the right says imported briar. The band is marked as sterling silver with no other hallmarks. I have looked around the internet and checked pipedia with no luck. Any information about this pipe would be helpful as I would like to restore it if I can.

I thought of that as well but the script does not match and the double a really makes me question it.

I have seen a couple raam pipes, but I never could find out anything about them

Ya know, I just seen a Weber canted chimney that is Identical to that pipe/stummel.
After a quick search I found an Al Raam smoke shop in AZ. Now it certainly may not be the one this pipe was made for but, there may have been another or maybe the one I found was sold and changed ownership and content, who knows. What I'm trying to get at is this pipe may have been made by Weber for a tobacconist with the name Raam. I think this is highly possible and would help explain finding no records of such a pipe maker/manufacturer by the same name. ;)

Thanks Cart. That is worth checking into farther. I will let you know what I sus out.

It does look like Weber did make pipes for local tobaccoists and stamp them with thier nomiclature. So this could be the case here. Still going to do some more digging to see if I can flesh things out a little more.