Help me pick a pipe.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I worked for the last 3 weeks and assuming have a little cash left after getting Christmas taken care of for the kids & old lady, I'm looking at getting a piece of briar. I'm liking my Omega and despite the bent shape it is my best smoker and I like the way it hangs so I'm looking at full bents, almost oom paul ish pipes.
Assume you had $75 or so and this may be the last pipe you might buy for a while. Here are my contenders, but any suggestions are welcome.
The XL02 (or 221 maybe) here:
http://www.milantobacco.com/peterson_killarney_pipes2.htm
The 614 here:
http://www.milantobacco.com/savinelli_toscana_pipes2.htm#2802

i have 2 'nice' pipes both are petersons.

im liking how they smoke, but more importantly the craftsmanship in them. one is a system 314. and my late favorite 999 samhain. these days im diggin the 999 rhodesian shape; however, 2 months ago you wouldnt have caught me saying this.

the XL02 looks nice to me.

good luck picking a long lasting friend.

camo

I think quality-wise a guy does okay with either. The big thing is whether you want a pipe that takes some kind of filter or not. The Savinelli do, the Petes no.

Well I have mostly all Grabows now, and smoke them without filters. The Sav has the filter deal but it comes with the converter. hmmm.
Thanks for your input, keep em coming.

I have two Savinelli's and I'm not fond of either. One was a gift and the other I bought about 10 or 11 years ago. I smoke neither now and haven't in several years.

I bought a Peterson a couple years ago that is still in the rotation.

I say find a shape you like with Peterson, and go for it.

:farao:

Donegal XL02 for sure!!!!!!
I love Sav's and own 4, 614 shapes which all smoke great. The Pete Donegal smokes just as well but I think it looks more classy!!!
Let us know when you pull the trigger!
Good luck!!

Piet Binsbergen":jxieb0c7 said:
I love Sav's and own 4, 614 shapes which all smoke great. The Pete Donegal smokes just as well but I think it looks more classy!!!
Good luck!!
What he said :D

bluedigital":8dff07ub said:
Piet Binsbergen":8dff07ub said:
Good luck!!
What he said :D
what he said that he said! that XL02 is a looker!

Ordinarily I would have said go with the Sav. I have several and love them all. But - A couple weeks ago I picked up a Pete XL02 and it is very nice. I vote for the Pete.

pistolero":n41x7hyi said:
Thanks for all the info! Donegal XL02 it is.
Pull the trigger bro!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I did Piet! Why wait? Just received my order confirmation from 4noggins.
Of course I had to Add enough tobacco to get the free shipping right? Got a tin of Escudo and a sample of Sugar Barrel to try on the way with the Pete. Now I wait. Thanks for the help!

pistolero":6o7kg7oc said:
I did Piet! Why wait? Just received my order confirmation from 4noggins.
Of course I had to Add enough tobacco to get the free shipping right? Got a tin of Escudo and a sample of Sugar Barrel to try on the way with the Pete. Now I wait. Thanks for the help!
Cool, pulling the trigger suites your name bro, well done!!