help with tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertw1249

Reaction score
hi all need some help i like smoking G. L. Pease haddo's delight but at 50.00 a pound its a little high for me to smoke all the time so im trying to find some thing on the order of haddo's thats a little cheaper thanks for the help

That's a tough request. There really isn't anything else out there like Haddos. If it's a bit of strength, the generous amount of perique, then you might try Old Joe Krantz. But OJK has more burley in it and none of the flavoring.

Or think of it another way. Average of 17 bowls in 2oz. 16/2=8*17=136

$50/136=37 cents a bowl.

Suppose you found OJK for $40 a pound. $40/136=29cents a bowl.

Yep. That's a tough one. Haddo's is my favorite and is very unique. I would be a most miserable individual should it go out of production. If you find something close please let me know. I just don't think it's out there.

hi carlos im looking for more of the flavoring than strenght for me haddo's is not that strong but i really like some thing with flavor like that thanks for the help

Tennessee Dave":7b10qzht said:
Yep. That's a tough one. Haddo's is my favorite and is very unique. I would be a most miserable individual should it go out of production. If you find something close please let me know. I just don't think it's out there.
ill let you know if i find some thing that would suck if they did not make haddo's any more i love the stuff

H&H Anniversary Kake is the closest I can get. It really is good stuff. <$30/lb.

You might try Two Friends Redwood (Greg and Craig got together awhile back and produced some nice mixtures together under that name) Redwood is actually a similar composition to Haddo's Delight, sans Rum and the process which creates Haddo's. It has a very woodsy aroma when burned, and tastes decidedly chocolaty to me. It is probably a good match for Haddo's in the vitamin 'N' department. While not exactly Haddo's Delight, it may be Haddo's little brother.

I reviewed it on TR some years ago Redwood

It lists at $8.59/2 ounces at SP and used to be offered in bulk there.
Mars lists it at $25.70/8 ounces

Not much of a relief in the pocket, but it's the closest thing I've even found to Haddo's Delight, and it's not really a dead ringer, just a very satisfying alternative.

kilted1":qdabd34j said:
You might try Two Friends Redwood (Greg and Craig got together awhile back and produced some nice mixtures together under that name) Redwood is actually a similar composition to Haddo's Delight, sans Rum and the process which creates Haddo's. It has a very woodsy aroma when burned, and tastes decidedly chocolaty to me. It is probably a good match for Haddo's in the vitamin 'N' department. While not exactly Haddo's Delight, it may be Haddo's little brother.

I reviewed it on TR some years ago Redwood

It lists at $8.59/2 ounces at SP and used to be offered in bulk there.
Mars lists it at $25.70/8 ounces

Not much of a relief in the pocket, but it's the closest thing I've even found to Haddo's Delight, and it's not really a dead ringer, just a very satisfying alternative.
hi kiltedi look at mars and you can buy it by the pound it about 43.35 a pound ill have to try some thanks for the help

Robert, I have zero right to tell you how or what to smoke, and this is just my opinion, so take it to be worth exactly what it's costing you.

What is satisfaction worth?
If Carlos has his numbers right and there is around 150 smokes in a lb... Is 7 bucks worth 150 'less satisfying' smokes? What about $10, $15,$20????? I'd prefer less quantity as opposed to less •quality if price was that big a factor. If you smoked 10 bowls a day your only saving about 50 cents a day by smoking cheaper..the less you smoke the lower the per day price diff.... Hate to sound like one of those Susan Saranden commercials but for less than a cup of coffee a day even the heavy smokers can enjoy their favorite smokes. Don't compromise your enjoyment!

• I'm not saying other blenders are of lessor quality. Just if you want steak, lobster won't satisfy.

puros_bran":x5ql7h83 said:
..............................What is satisfaction worth?
If Carlos has his numbers right and there is around 150 smokes in a lb... Is 7 bucks worth 150 'less satisfying' smokes? What about $10, $15,$20????? I'd prefer less quantity as opposed to less •quality if price was that big a factor. If you smoked 10 bowls a day your only saving about 50 cents a day by smoking cheaper..the less you smoke the lower the per day price diff.... Hate to sound like one of those Susan Saranden commercials but for less than a cup of coffee a day even the heavy smokers can enjoy their favorite smokes. Don't compromise your enjoyment!

• I'm not saying other blenders are of lessor quality. Just if you want steak, lobster won't satisfy.
Very good analogy and I personally would agree with the above 100%.

puros_bran":h8tjtq56 said:
Robert, I have zero right to tell you how or what to smoke, and this is just my opinion, so take it to be worth exactly what it's costing you.

What is satisfaction worth?

no that is true im really thank full for all the help you guys give me