Help with UPS??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernPiper

Reaction score
I'm expecting a package on friday (check out "just ordered" on pad/tad), but due to the storms that came though, I have to work 12 hour days, so I can't be home to pick it up. I've never dealt with UPS so I don't know how they work and all that..

What kind of package normally has to be signed for? and what kinds do they leave on the back steps? Better yet, I would really love it if I could pick up the package at the UPS store that morning, but I don't know if I can do that.

I could take the day off, but again, due to this being storm damage repair, it would look reeeeeaaaallly bad for taking off when others are working 60+ hours a week...

any advice?

We have stuff left for us all the time. Little bitty town. Big porch so it's usually protected. I also signed a Signature card that gets everything left for us. I also track things I know are coming in, so I know if it's going to be there and when it gets delivered.

But as already suggested, call UPS and they can have it held at the delivery center counter for you. When you said UPS Store, often times that is not UPS. At least not around here. Those are usually private and although UPS picks up there, UPS has it's own counter to ship packages and hold packages for pickup. Ours is at the local delivery hub.

It depends completely on who is delivering your package. I have two different UPS guys. One leaves packages, one leaves notes.
But as Carlos said, call and they will hold if for you. If you don't have a tracking number, you can wait til they attempt delivery. They will leave a note on your door with an invoice number, and phone number. Call and you can pick it up at the hub