Here's meh tax refund!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to put my CPA hat on and remind you that unless you are getting a crap load or refundable tax credits that refund was your money to begin with. A big refund is nothing more that a big interest free loan to the government.

That said I had a weird year and somehow managed to get said refundable tax credits. Stupid but I'll take the money

SkagitSmoke":feofdd2u said:
I need to put my CPA hat on and remind you that unless you are getting a crap load or refundable tax credits that refund was your money to begin with. A big refund is nothing more that a big interest free loan to the government.

That said I had a weird year and somehow managed to get said refundable tax credits. Stupid but I'll take the money
It's a refund because it is your money, but it's also money that I never include when I do my monthly budget because I always use the net return. It's like a self paid bonus but you're right in that it should still be treated like income.

We normally get a reasonably good return but year when we need it the most, we get nothing. Oh well, I still have tobacco to burn :)