Here's Snuff In Your Eye

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
...or MY eye as it were.

To go back in time a bit, I was writing Kaiser83 back and forth seeing how he was doing. I once saw his massive TAD purchases in the category of snuff, and was asking him how he was enjoying it. If I remember right, he hadn't even ever tried it when he bought all of it, so I was curious as to what he thought now that he had some time with it.

In making conversation, I told him I had only tried snuff a few times, and had a 15 year old opened box kicking around somewhere, that was probably no good. He say's, "I'll send you a few to try"

BOMBED....

Kaiser sent me 12 full tins of different blends of snuff, from Christmas Pudding (which I tried Christmas day) to some straight Latakia. I couldn't believe his generosity.

So, now to current time....
The other day, I was picking up my brother-in-law from the airport and decided to try some more snuff. I opened the flip top, and wanting to focus more on driving than snuffing, I just stuck it up to my nose, squeezed and sniffed. That in itself worked fine, but prior to sniffing I apparently exhaled first sending a cloud of snuff off the lid and directly into my eye! I thought I had been maced. There I was, driving 65 MPH down the highway tearing up so badly I could hardly see. I immediately wondered if I'd go blind. But, after about 20 minutes I could see again and my eye wasn't quite as red as it was....

Morale of the story? Don't try snuff in your eye...or don't snuff and drive.

So....how was the nicotine hit? :lol: When a similar thing happened to me I recall not needing (wanting) any snuff for quite some time. :affraid:

That experience should help you remember to wipe your hands before rubbing your eyes as well :D

On a serious note I'm glad no wreck occurred!

Happy to hear there was no accident and that you recovered.

I've never managed to get snuff in my eyes but I know that it happens quite frequently and is very painful.

As Slide mentioned do make sure not to wipe your eyes when you have snuff on your fingers.

How are you doing with the various snuffs? I got some Christmas Pudding and found it very good. The clove in it also helped me when I had a cold before Christmas - cleared my nose up very nicely.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a funny story! I'd glad you have recovered from your incident, Brian! Very nice of Kaiser to bomb you.

So, what did you think about snuff? I bought a couple tins a while back. To me its just okay, but I don't see myself frequently using it.

"So what do I think about snuff?" ...

Well, I'm a bit mixed on it so far.

Background:
I've never been one to smoke cigarettes, and only smoke my pipe a few times a week, so as far as I can tell, I don't really have an addiction to nicotine. I sometimes go weeks without smoking, and seem to have no side effects, like headaches or so on. And on another note, I don't think I'm one to feel effects of substances much meaning, things like caffeine don't seem to keep me up or make me jittery, and I can't really tell after I've smoked cigars or pipes, if I actually feel differently. Maybe I'm just not that in tune.

All that to say, I don't smoke pipe because of the nicotine, I smoke it for the aroma, visual relaxation of the smoke rising and the precious time spent not doing much but enjoying my pipe.

For snuff, I can't seem to find that benefit. It doesn't seem to make me feel differently, and it's not a cause of any major relaxation. The only benefit I find so far, is that it smells good. Sometimes it's just nice to smell something. Carving ebonite stems smells terrible. Until you're used to it, it basically reminds you of that nasty burning rubber smell that resembles someones septic tank. Those are great times to throw a little snuff in :D

So, the jury is still out on this one.

My only experience with snuff was back when I was about 10 yo and was spending the summer on my uncle's family tobacco farm in N. Carolina. His 90yo grandmother used to "dip" W.E.Garrett "Scotch" snuff and my cousin and I thought we would sneak some and try it. Man, I never experienced such cranial/nasal pain in my life when I put a BIG pinch of that red dust up BOTH nostrils and gave it a big snort !! The only thing that had come close was when his daddy gave us a big pinch of his Redman to chew one day when were out in the tobacco fields! I've stayed WAY AWAY from ANY sort of chewed or sniffed form of tobacco ever since! Why would god have had us invent matches if you weren't supposed to smoke it :p :p

Hah! Snorting it is a good way to feel the pain and a poor way to enjoy snuff!

Been there, done that, it does sting a bit (severe understatement) :cyclops: .