Hey Bible guys.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":c19be4ro said:
Boulder:  it's got to be a real pic.  :tongue:     I will admit that the NJ is one of the few modern translations I do not own.. You do realize it's not approved by the USCCB for reading in the US?

I am sorry but I don't own a hard copy of a bible as the one we had as children and huge in size belonged to my mom and was given to her brother, my uncle after she passed some years ago.
I do find that the NJB is very good to read and always there online when needing information and the website contains both the New and Old Testaments in there entirety and not heavily influenced by modern American interpretations.
Great post P_B, John   :study: 

Edit: Here is another free online source (also on kindle for free)

http://www.veritasbible.com/newjerusalem1989

Ok, here is a crappy phone pic I have of the three I use most often. I probably have 5 or so others including other Holy Books, but I've read through these three cover to cover. The top is a simple NIV and was my first "adult" Bible. It's in such rough condition I rarely use it anymore. The one under that is an ESV that became my daily reader when I retired the first. I like the ESV translation a lot. The third (pretty well obscured in the pic) is an NIV with archeological annotations providing background on other ancient texts and historical context surrounding the passages.

Since you did that....   It's missing some of my Greek and Hebrew stuff.  But.  

Third shelf down on the left in boxes are bottom to top (pictured earlier)  Schuyler NKJV and Allan Longprimer. Above them is a Charles Stanley Life Principles Bible, Berkshire Leather.  A NASB Ministers bible by Hendricks in top grain leather.  A hard bound NLT Study Bible (which really shocks people that know me). Topping the box stack is a Cambridge Clarion ESV in calf split that I just received this week. I think you can read the spines on everything else.

Something tells me you read the Bible Design Blog. If not, you'd enjoy it.

puros_bran":fmehk4ke said:
Like a few others I have a multitude.. Dare I say legion (haha) but my favorite.

My RL Allan Long Primer in Crimson Highland Goatskin.
Pics when I got it in February.  

My second favorite.  
A Schuyler Single Column NKJV in Brown Cantera Goatskin.
It may actually 'drape' better than the Allan but I'm currently unable to hold it out and hold a camera at the same time.

My bibles are all electronic. My main computer has Logos Bible Software and I have study bibles on both my Kindle and my phone. Bible study is a daily addiction for me.

I used to check Mark's site often but until a month or so ago I had abandoned it for several years.

I had wanted the Longprimer for 6-7 years and finally broke down and bought one. I noticed the Schuyler line on evangelical bible.com when I bought the LP. I did go back to BDB and many other sites to check them out. I was in the middle of a OCD exam of them when the NKJV Popped up on ebay., $130ish and it was NIB. Not a bad deal by any means.

I've recently acquired a Cambridge Clarion in calfsplit. They make a goatskin version that I imagine would be divine (pun intended) but for a 'beater' bible the calfsplit is perfect.

I have a modest number of Bibles.

My EDC is an ESV.
c2DIMOQ.jpg

This one I used throughout high school and college.
kZKImpQ.jpg