Hey from Maryland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tock the Always":pvr97447 said:
Jeff10236":pvr97447 said:
I am in Annapolis
Ever go to The Smoke Shop on Maryland Ave? It's one of my favorite places to sit and absorb conversations.
I go to Davidus by the mall (closer to my apartment) or the Chesapeake Cigar and Tobacco Company in Edgewater (near work) most of the time when I go to a shop. When I go downtown I'm more likely to hang out at the docks. I only get to The Smoke Shop maybe once or twice a year.

Ah, I do go by Davidus on occasion. I can never manage to make myself hang around long though. Something about the sealed off room is intimidating. That and most of the guys there know nothing about pipe tobacco. Most of the time they end up telling me to come behind the counter to check things out myself. They're good guys though. They've started to ask me questions whenever I buy a tin, so they're learning. :D

Tock the Always":ai9j5cs4 said:
Ah, I do go by Davidus on occasion. I can never manage to make myself hang around long though. Something about the sealed off room is intimidating. That and most of the guys there know nothing about pipe tobacco. Most of the time they end up telling me to come behind the counter to check things out myself. They're good guys though. They've started to ask me questions whenever I buy a tin, so they're learning. :D
If you've never been, you need to get to Chesapeake. It is in Edgewater so it isn't as convenient, but it is a great place. The owners are nice people and, while mainly cigar people, they do know a bit about pipes. It is a great environment- big screen TVs, DVD, PSIII, dart board, chess boards, plenty of seating, you don't sit in a glass enclosed room but the whole store is smoking (unlike Davidus), in the "Best of Annapolis" voting it was voted Annapolis' best Cigar Bar, and there are some very friendly people. Like many cigar shops in the area, they have some nice events. Their posted hours are more like suggestions (they are the minimum hours they'll be open, but they will often keep the store open longer when business calls for it).

http://www.chesapeakecigar.com/

I never would have known about Chesapeake if not for your mentioning it. I'll definitely check it out. PS3 huh? I wonder if they'd let me play through the entirety of Metal Gear 4 if I bought a couple cigars... XD

I was going to say, I watch your YouTube vids, im subscribed, Franksellsnashville!