Hey from Norfolk, Va

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonarman

Reaction score
Jake here. I've been a long time cigar smoker (9 years) and just recently started smoking a cob pipe. Right now I like English full bodied blends like Squadron Leader, Nightcap, and Commonwealth. I always thought pipe tobacco was flavored and until I went home on leave and learned from my Dad that many are non flavored or non aromatic I have really been enjoying the deep flavors I am getting out of the tobacco. Anyways I've been reading a lot here and find this place as nice if not more than many of the cigar forums.

Welcome Jake, I'm glad to make your acquaintance. I hope you enjoy your time here and find it as useful as I have.

Welcome, Jake! I hope you continue to enjoy that cob, and enjoy your time here

"T"

Welcome aboard, I love my cobs as well, but with a burley blend.

Welcome! My older brother lives in Norfolk. It seems like a good place to live.

Ocelot55":1iqsb183 said:
It's not bad, plenty of things to do and quite a few B&M's :cheers:

sonarman":jkin7osk said:
Ocelot55":jkin7osk said:
Really? Being a Norfolk native (transplanted to Pittsburgh) myself, I visit the area once or twice a year and am always seeking B&Ms. I only know of a couple. Please let us know what you've found there.

And welcome to a great forum (if I do say so).

Aristokles":kq1zma8d said:
sonarman":kq1zma8d said:
Ocelot55":kq1zma8d said:
Really? Being a Norfolk native (transplanted to Pittsburgh) myself, I visit the area once or twice a year and am always seeking B&Ms. I only know of a couple. Please let us know what you've found there.

And welcome to a great forum (if I do say so).
Thanks for the welcome!

As far as B&M's go Emersons has 5 locations, they cater mostly to cigar smokers but have a decent (I think) selection of pipe tobaccos and pipes. There is Havana connections in Williamsburg and Pops Cigars in Yorktown, and Bonds Cigars in Suffolk they all have a decent selection of pipes and tobaccos.

Welcome!

My mothers side of the family is from Norfolk... Navy family (big surprise?! Lol) and I still have some family in VA beach :)

Great to have you aboard!

Welcome aboard shipmate from Dad.
hope Amy isn't too pissed about me starting you on pipes.

Bubblehead":ytco6ayc said:
Welcome aboard shipmate from Dad.
hope Amy isn't too pissed about me starting you on pipes.
:lol!: She says they stink less than cigars so I think we are good!