HEY, I'm BACK! (posted some pic's)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Dudes!!!!
How goes, dang dudes, much has happened, sell out shows, dining with the Mandela's and the like!!!!
Good to be back here, I have much news and much to catch up on,
Thanks to all of you that have been expressing concerns in my absence and wishing me well!!

Good news is that we have a new puppy so to speak. He is a long haired German Shepard. We will meet him this weekend but can onlt take him home on the 17 of Nov. as he still needs some time with his mom. Laker's passing was hard but this little fellow rocks!
Meet VERLYN VON KENHELM BINSBERGEN

As you all know, my solo show was a sell out and I have received rave reviews in the press and tv over the past week.
I was on my way back to BOB when I got the opportunity to work on the NELSON MANDELA ARTS INCUBATOR in Umtata, Manedela's home town.
The landscape was breath taking and the people warm and friendly. I was fortunate to meet with the Mandela family for dinner on Tuesday and strong art bonds have been formed for the future.
Young artists have been put in residence and I was fortunate to lecture Visual literacy to them. The program is 6 weeks long and at the end the top students will be offered merit bursaries to study arts education and then in turn teach the kids in their community. It is the first artists in residence program of it's kind in the country and when old man Mandela blessed the venture much media attention has been given to the event. Again I was shadowed by SABC tv during my stay and lectures.
The 5 star museum and community centre is built next to the sacred Royal burial ground of the Mandela family. The venue is on top of a mountain and I have never been so inspired by the landscape and it's people in all my life.
Here is a pic of the burial ground!

Here is a pic of some of my students and I on Mandela's sliding rock he played on as a child he slid down it on a goat skin. Note the pipe!

Finally, Smoking a bowl of OJK in Sav 3613 for breakfast. Interesting that the Xhosa People men and woman are all great pipe smokers, I had new found respect once I lit up a bowl. Coupled with that Mandela and I share the same birthday, 18 July!

Cool dudes!
See you all on the board, and Thanks to all of you for being my friend!!!!

That's my brother, Piet Binsbergin!!!!!

Rock on, my brother!!!

And, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

For the record brother Rob, you are the first to post on my thread!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":xrl3oz16 said:
Yep, brother Piet! Been chasing you around the board like a puppy chases it's tail!! :lol: But, it's late on this side of the pond... and, I'm tired. I'm headed for bed!!

Have a great night!! And, it sure is good to have you back, my brother!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Piet Binsbergen":jc5rxizh said:
And I'm the second LOL, :bounce:

Glad to hear about your great successful adventure.

Cute puppy.
VERLYN VON KENHELM BINSBERGEN
Wow, that's a mouthful. :lol:

Welcome back Piet. Great pics!!

Welcome back, good sir! You were quite missed!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome back! That is one beautiful pup there.

As an aside, that countryside almost makes me homesick. It reminds me a lot of where I grew up in southeastern Australia.

great looking dog. sweet pipe. but let's not forget the skull viking metal shirt! (from one metal head to another...)

Glad to see you back bro! Very nice pics and I think it's awesome your art has gotten the respect it deserves!

Cheers man!

Welcome home, and many congrats, Bro! So cool.

"I raked some leaves and graded some papers, what did you do last week?"
"Not much, met with the Mandelas. Just another day in the life."

(Make sure to invite some of the Xhosa pipe smokers to join us here.)

bruins":taiaabvr said:
great looking dog. sweet pipe. but let's not forget the skull viking metal shirt! (from one metal head to another...)
Well spotted bro!!
Nothing gets by you Bruins, does it!! :cheers:

Doc Manhattan":mz6iq5hl said:
Welcome home, and many congrats, Bro! So cool.

"I raked some leaves and graded some papers, what did you do last week?"
"Not much, met with the Mandelas. Just another day in the life."

(Make sure to invite some of the Xhosa pipe smokers to join us here.)
Doc, it's not as glamorous as it may seem bro! :lol:

Thanks to all of you out there for your warm welcome back!!!

Piet Binsbergen":hjdvdqwv said:
only because of the sheep wandering around. in my experience, they have a way of making things seem unglamorous.

bruins":h4lkzvbw said:
Piet Binsbergen":h4lkzvbw said:
only because of the sheep wandering around. in my experience, they have a way of making things seem unglamorous.
Come to think of it Bruins, you are right!!!! :lol:

That is so cool Piet! Couldn't happen to a better guy. Thanks for sharing.