Hey Kyle, You like Brandies, Right?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those are "Brandies," I wonder what they think an "Apple" is. :scratch:

:face:

I love the look of Heeschen's pipes. I really want one some day!

Beautiful pipes. The use of the darkened bamboo on the smooth bent egg is a really nice touch.

Altogether WAY out of my price range :( , but the window shopping and wishful thinking is always nice. ;)

Yak":q2qgid1w said:
If those are "Brandies," I wonder what they think an "Apple" is. :scratch:

:face:
Lol! Smokingpipes' shape name choices can sometimes be a touch off. I can see why they'd call these brandies though. Apples generally have steeper vertical lines on the outside of the bowl and Brandies generally have shallower lines. That being said, at best I'd call these squat brandies... or apples. :p

Heeschen stuff is fantastic. Not in my price range, though. Had those been slightly bent examples, I probably would have been hating you for posting those. :lol:

Here's the thing with apples and brandy shapes. An apple in nature either has a wider-at-the-top shape or is somewhat round at the middle but slightly squat.

apple-full2.jpg

apples-fuji.jpeg

Brandy glasses, which are supposedly where then brandy pipe shape gets its inspiration, has a wider-at-the-base shape and a narrow top.

31ZgvqhUGfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Now, an inverted wider-at-the-top apple might look just like a brandy glass in general shape.)

I have determined, at least for reasons of my own sanity, an apple-shape pipe looks more like a round-at-the-middle apple, with slight shape variations, but if it looks more like a brandy glass, then it's a brandy-shape pipe.

I further propose any hybrid of the two is an applebrandy, which by itself, sounds like a great drink mixed together. 8)

(Just my humble O.)

Kyle Weiss":z7b6cqe1 said:
Heeschen stuff is fantastic. Not in my price range, though. Had those been slightly bent examples, I probably would have been hating you for posting those. :lol:

Here's the thing with apples and brandy shapes. An apple in nature either has a wider-at-the-top shape or is somewhat round at the middle but slightly squat.

apple-full2.jpg

apples-fuji.jpeg

Brandy glasses, which are supposedly where then brandy pipe shape gets its inspiration, has a wider-at-the-base shape and a narrow top.

31ZgvqhUGfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Now, an inverted wider-at-the-top apple might look just like a brandy glass in general shape.)

I have determined, at least for reasons of my own sanity, an apple-shape pipe looks more like a round-at-the-middle apple, with slight shape variations, but if it looks more like a brandy glass, then it's a brandy-shape pipe.

I further propose any hybrid of the two is an applebrandy, which by itself, sounds like a great drink mixed together. 8)

(Just my humble O.)
Gotta respect research like that! :cheers:

Don't take my word for it, I take things really literally at times--judge it all for yourselves. 8)